//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trikefest 2014 Fundraiser Build COMPLETE: Honda ATC150

--

Trikefest 2014 Fundraiser Build COMPLETE: Honda ATC150

Well guys, there are a few teeny tiny details to button up but I'm considering this machine complete. The details that I'm going to handle do not effect the overall look of the bike so I'm going to share these pictures with you all today. I'm also going to update the build thread but I wanted to start a new one for these final pictures. Big thanks go out to our fellow board member blue27, aka, Bruce at BlueLine Graphics for making and helping me install the awesome decals on this machine today!

I also need to mention once again Kain (whtcamaro) and Pat (vealmonkey) for wiring assistance, flossy for the donation of the key switch dash panel and Jonathan (xowner) for the awesome wheels and tires plus assistance sourcing many parts. Derrick Adams also helped out getting some speedy powdercoat done last minute for the build. Thanks also go out to the whole community here at 3WheelerWorld and other forums as well. Remember, the community by supporting these builds every year helps fund Trikefest trophies, port-a-johns, t-shirts, hats, our drag lighting system and a slew of other lesser known details of the event and even our forum here.

This build started life as a bone stock Honda ATC70. The frame was stretched 3 inches and a brand new larger size metal tank was sourced from japan. The machine is powered by the incredibly powerful, Piranha 150cc manual clutch, electric start pit bike engine. To soften the ride a replica of the old school A+ suspended frame front end was put together and was complimented by a 7" Honda CB headlight. The headlight really brings an old school duner flare along with the vintage inspired decal striping. A battery compartment was added in frame along with mounts for the CDI and solenoid to keep the electrical neat and tidy. A complete end to end wiring harness was fashioned using VintageConnections connectors and insulator boots; these are OEM jap spec connectors crimped on just as they would have been at the factory.A 87 atc200x key switch dash replica mounts a 400ex key switch adding a touch of security and a pocketful of cool keys for this cool machine. Every item was either replaced or refurbished. A large amount of brand new OEM hardware was sourced along side of the many re-plated items. A brand new seat, consisting of new metal pan, new foam, and a strong excellently styled cover provides a coosh saddle. To make sure the brakes were up to par to stop a machine equipped with a large powerful engine a custom rear hydraulic disk brake setup was put together, of note, this setup is completely bolt on and could be returned to OEM drum unit if it was so desired. The PRM grab bar mounted out back really makes loading this thing in and out of a pickup truck a breeze. To provide tool-less chain adjustments a spring loaded chain tensioner was added in place of the stock bolt on unit. The icing on this machine is the outstanding decals provided by Blue Line Graphics. They were developed with a vintage flare reminiscent of the old school pin striping present on so many hard tail machines out of the 80's. Whomever takes this machine home can be sure that they will have a head turning, smile inducing machine the whole family can enjoy.

Any one can end up owning this machine, need not be present at TF14 to have this machine.
    You can participate via the 3WW Shop here, http://shop.3wheelerworld.com/produc...?productid=227

Last edited by Louis Mielke; 06-09-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Man Lou, that is a sweet machine. Those tank decals look mighty fine being bigger and in those colors. Bruce, what a great job. If someone isn't excited about winning that trike, I really don't know what to say.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Those pics finally pushed me to put my name in the hat, awesome work Louis.
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Very nice ,,,
    Link dont work for me .

--
    INCREDIBLE ! Outstanding work ~ holey mackerel I am at a loss for words. Simply incredible !

I would like to mention that advance sales will be coming to a close very soon. I believe Billy will chime in with that date (that will be towards the end of the week I reckon).

Nice work guys !!! john + Liway
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 06-08-2014 at 09:48 PM.

--
    Very nice indeed!!!
    My Trikes...

-1985 Big Red

-1986 250r

-1984 200x

-1980 110

-1980 ATC 185

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    Very nice ,,,
    Link dont work for me .
    Fixed the link - sorry about that.

Cut off date will be FATHERS DAY! Next Sunday the 15th. One week from today we will have to cut the internet side off and go direct to face to face only. Get in on it while you can!!

--
    COAs bought, fingers crossed! That thing is sweet.
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 06-08-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Suuuuuuuuuuwwweeeeeeeeeeeet!

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    WOW, NICE. I would have a hard time giving that up!

R.J.M. is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    All I can say is hahaha
    Very very nice work, the decals really topped it off
    1986 250R
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 200X (wife's)
    Honda 70's-x4 (kids)

1982 250R project

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I wanna buy some chances to win this lil beauty but I don't have the funds and I think I'm crying now! Lol

Seriously though,,, that is a STELLER looking machine! Y'all really nailed it with this one, AGAIN!!! Wow wow wow

Good luck to everyone who bought in!
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    WOW!!!!!! I`m am so thrilled to be able to bring that home and put it in the garage.

You did go ahead and put my name on it, right Louis?

Cuz Ima win that bad boy!!
    Last edited by ironchop; 06-09-2014 at 11:41 AM.

--
    Great job, that thing turned out awesome, I bet it rips! I love the big headlight.

shovelryder is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sooooo.....We can still buy tix at TF??????? Ill keep room in the truck!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //