//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 250SX Timing Chain

GSUwhiskers is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    All of those were ordered from Honda when I told them I needed the sealing washers for the oil line. I only have one copper one which really concerns me, the silver ones I assumed will act as sealing washers? But the silver ones are bigger than the copper one, I haven't gotten into the engine but I was just thinking about what I got from Honda. The o-ring was supposed to be part of the oil line? I'm not sure. Is there somewhere else I can get those washers?

--
    All of those were ordered from Honda when I told them I needed the sealing washers for the oil line. I only have one copper one which really concerns me, the silver ones I assumed will act as sealing washers? But the silver ones are bigger than the copper one, I haven't gotten into the engine but I was just thinking about what I got from Honda. The o-ring was supposed to be part of the oil line? I'm not sure. Is there somewhere else I can get those washers?

--
    I'd be willing to bet they ordered the sealing washers for hydraulic brake banjo bolts which the SX doesn't have. The oring I cant say what they were intending with that. When you take the rocker cover off, there is one copper sealing washer. The rocker cover has a little arrow cast in to the rocker cover as to where it goes. What are the part numbers of the silver washers and oring you have? Post the part numbers up here and I'll see if I can figure out what they are. The banjo bolt the oil tube uses is 7mm so the sealing washers are unique in size so the right ones are needed.

Oil Tube Sealing Washers
    90410-KR0-000

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche...85&fveh=131334

The fiche shows 3 each #17 but the qty shows 4 each. The 4th is for the one bolt on the rocker cover.

--
    I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply, but here they are,
    copper washer - 90441-909-000
    3 silver washers - 90410-KR0-000
    O-ring - 91308-MC7-000

--
    WOW!!! That parts fiche is ALL screwed up.

If you look on the fiche in the cylinder head assembly, item 20 for the copper washer, the illustration shows the bracket, not a sealing washer....WRONG!!!!! The sealing washer item 17 should be a 7mm sealing washer but what you got was a 10mm silver sealing washer.....WRONG!!!!! and the oring, goes on the right crank case cover on the clutch adjuster screw item 37. That has nothing to do with the oil tubes.
    Item 17 & 20

Item 37

Now, with all that said, I can't say whether the silver sealing washers they sent are 10mm on the OD and 7mm on the ID. If that's true then the silver sealing washers will be ok but the copper washer they sent should have been roughly the same size. The heads on the 7mm banjo bolts are flared 10mm heads. At this point, I would suggest reusing your old sealing washers. Get some 600 grit wet/dry and lay it on a flat surface. wet the paper and lay the sealing washer on the paper and with light pressure, sand both sides of the sealing washer until its shiny. Do the same for the sealing sides of the oil tube on both ends. I've reused lots of sealing washers and as long as they are flat, they'll seal. I have extra used ones if you need them along with that #20 bracket. The sealing washers come in the full gasket kit.

--
    As long as you have the oring, you might as well take the auto clutch assembly apart in the clutch cover and replace that oring. They usually don't go bad but since you got it, might as well. There is one other oring to account for when you have the clutch cover off. It goes on the oil tube that's inside of the right side on the oil tube nipple that mates with the clutch cover. Just be sure its there when you put the cover back on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0980 [800x600].JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	196590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0973.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	196589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0957.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	196588  

--
    Dang, of course the DEALERSHIP would get it wrong... the silver washers are NOT the same size, but bigger by a noticeable amount.
    SO, I guess I'm gonna make another trip up there tomorrow and see if they can't order like 8 of those copper washers, if I'm right then they should all be the same right? So if you just order 8 of the same ones I already have, that is 8 of the COPPER washers, which honestly look like 7mm but measure to just over 6 mm I think. The silver washers I just measured are over 11mm ID... so those won't work..

--
    The part number you gave me for the oil sealing washers, and the part number I have are the same, but you're saying they should be small copper washers and not the bigger steel ones? Do you have pictures of the washers?

--
    Take one of the banjo bolts off and take it and one of the sealing washers with you. Also take that bracket with you so they can see what I'm talking about in the fiche. They just order what's on the fiche assuming its right. The banjo bolts 7x23mm so the sealing washers have to be 7mm ID.

--
    Yep, got em right here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1780.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	196593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1779.JPG 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	196592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1778.JPG 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	196591  

--
    Okay, so it has to be 7mm ID. And these aren't something you can find in Lowe's?

--
    What about the sealing washers inside the crankcase cover on the oil line? There are some there also correct?

--
    Don't forget you also need #19 for that one bolt on the rocker cover. The fiche shows a qty of 3 each. I'm confused by that because I have ever only removed one and the rocker cover has that arrow pointing to the one bolt that gets it.

--
    No, there aren't any on that oil tube. Just that one oring to seal between the oil tube and clutch cover.

--
    And no, I doubt you'd find them at Lowes.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //