//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 250SX Timing Chain

--
    I also have a new carb kit I could send, Except for the gasket, one stop shopping. 47.00 for the clamps, bolt and carb kit. Oh, BTW, the clamps are 1/4" wide.

GSUwhiskers is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    How important is that gasket? Right now from eBay I have the front brake shoes from ebc, two side cover gaskets and a carb kit from RJ for $67. FFastenal has a five pack of 5/16" hose clamps for $5, but I haven't looked for the bolt yet. You've got the OEM stuff of course, but what do think I should do? I'm really wanting to keep costs low in case I end up sending you that carb because like I said this is probably the first.trike in history that is being restored on a paycheck to paycheck basis... Lol no shame here though. It's gonna be spent on something might as well be something I love.

--
    Even though the clamps width is wider than stock, they will probably be ok. I totally understand keeping the costs down. I was offering an option but no worries. The gasket is important though. You need a nice tight seal otherwise it will leak oil. The bolt no matter what the head is will work as long as it a 6x45 with a 1.0 thread pitch. Even if you do send me the carb, I would be ok deferring the service cost until your budget allows. It doesn't make or break me so I'm good fronting the work. We have trust. Same goes for the clamps and bolt. I'll just log it in my book and you can pay me later if you want to go that route. I'm easy!!!

--
    That honestly means more than you probably know these days. Its good actually no its great to know people like you still exist that are willing to go to the lengths you have just to help a stranger. I appreciate it more than you know. I will most likely make this eBay order and I won't be able to actually work on the trike for at least two weeks, I have a fastenal local so I will talk with them tomorrow. Depending on price and quality I will either order with them or call you set up that transaction. I of course appreciate the trust, like I said its a hard thing to come by these days.

--
    You know its a funny thing this 3wheeler network we belong to. I have had guys send me parts free of charge. I have sent parts to guys free of charge. I have fronted parts and my services to several guys. Last winter, I had a guy bring me his SX for a diff rebuild. When I got to looking at it I realized how messed up it really was. I concluded that he would have spent more time walking back to the truck than riding it so I tore it completely apart and gave it a makeover. He supplied the money for the new parts and I threw some of my spare parts at it. While this was going on, I had a guy in Virginia sending me his SX parts for power coat. I didn't make hardly anything on that but that wasn't the reason why I did it. Money doesn't drive my efforts. I don't sell parts to pay bills because if I did, it wouldn't be any fun. I have rebuilt a few carbs for young guys who had no money. I only charged them the cost of the kit and shipping. With you in college I totally get it. Money does not come easy nor does time you need to work on your trike. If you want these clamps and bolt, just say the word and they are in the mail. It all comes out in the end so don't give it a second thought. I'm here to help any way I can and that's what keeps me going.

--
    Thank you so much. I will let you know about the clamps. I was just doing a quick sanity check in my head about the neutral reverse issue I had. The bike started in reverse but the neutral light was on, and you had to shift up to go into neutral but then the reverse light was on. Was that just caused by my wires being crossed? I didn't mess up anything mechanically right?

mrtwidster1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just a note here. You will not find anyone better to help you out than Jim. He has helped more than I can every repay, his tech advise is spot on and his parts are of the highest quality. Wish there were more like him. Ok, the group hug is over...
    BTW Captain, the penny suggestion was WAY MONDO COOL!!! Totally Dude!!

--
    Sanity check confirmed. That's exactly what was supposed to happen with the plug reversed.

HI TONY!!!! how the hell have you been?

mrtwidster1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Good here Captain. Thanks for all the help!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtwidster1 View Post
    Just a note here. You will not find anyone better to help you out than Jim. He has helped more than I can every repay, his tech advise is spot on and his parts are of the highest quality. Wish there were more like him. Ok, the group hug is over...
    BTW Captain, the penny suggestion was WAY MONDO COOL!!! Totally Dude!!
    I know that's right, I'd never have been able to do what I have on my trike without his help.

--
    Hey Flyingw, did I mention when I started the three wheeler after replacing the chain that it started, ran well, and actually was drivable. The only issue besides of course the fact that all the oil leaked out and the reverse switch was well... reversed haha, was the fact that it still cut off after a few minutes. Obviously I'm still going to rebuild the carb and all that good stuff, just wanted to share that and get any opinions. I'm wondering if the moisture on Friday (we had a HUGE storm the night before and it was still raining when I was trying to crank it Friday) got into the carb, and was causing issues? I originally thought it was the coil, but apparently that was not the problem since I replaced the coil.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //