//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some pics of my 2nd gen..

--

Some pics of my 2nd gen..

Well I finally got my 250r resto/mod all put together after tracking down a ton of parts..you might have seen my other threads about tracking down heads, kits, swingers, axles and racers toy stores..still got a couple loose ends to tie up but it's pretty close..
    it's gotta:
    300 kit bored honed and set up by Larry
    NOS Mossbarger intake(thanks manbearpig)
    Boyesen reeds
    Keihin 38mm pwk airpuncher
    DG header and gold silencer with sparky tip(still got my eye out for an oldskool sectional though..so if anyone has one..)
    Westcoast swinger +2?(stuck with the original blue but it was hard not to go white..thanks to Mr. Clean for the decals)
    Dureblue axle..somewhere between +2 and +4
    Uni filter, 3rd gen front fender, redid tank, super scoops, 20" klaws, 10" Douglass alum wheels, 350x light and high performance race bulbs..they're expensive..
    And I originally ditched the airbox for a pod and a rad valve...back to the airbox and uni..

it doesn't gotta: new seat cover, new rear plastics, tank decals, a chain..

Tell me what you think!...unless you don't like it..then just don't say anything..I'll post a vid when I get a chain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload (57).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	195456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload (59).jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	195457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload (60).jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	195458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload (63).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	195459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload (64).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	195460

82 250r is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    looks great!
    What silencer is that?

R.J.M. is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Lookin sweet! Starting to like the 2nd gen R's more and more. Keep up the good work
    1986 250R
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 200X (wife's)
    Honda 70's-x4 (kids)

1982 250R project

--
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words..the silencer is a gold DG but I've never seen another one like it..love the rare stuff.. How sweet would it be if I had a sweet gold sectional to go along with the silencer?? huh??

p.s. No spray paint was used in the making of this trike..all powder...

--
    I love it! I really like the 3rd gen front fenders on the 2gens, That's a real sharp looking unit.
    I'm really starting to like the Klaws, I keep seeing them on a lot of different ATVs & I like the tread pattern.
    Baltimore---Charm City, or Harm City? Ask Pat.....

--
    Thanks gazoo..the best part about the third gen fenders is they bolt right up you don't even have to drill any holes or anything..and I got a killer deal on the kenda klaws..they're basically brand new...and this is how they showed up..with rims mounted on them..not bad for $102 shipped to my door..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	securedownload.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	196203

--
    I'm liking this build. Lots of great parts you have on it. Keep up the good work!

--
    Thanks dirtwheels...the last step is getting the chain back on but this thing has me stumped..not sure if anyone saw my other post that showed off my westcoast swinger score, but I basically took the whole rear end off another 83 R, yet now the chain is too big..my only thought is the other motor must have had a different sprocket because the rear sprocket, swinger and chain are all the exact same..

--
    Awsome trike. What size front sprocket are you using.Stock is 13 you should beable to run a 14. This would take up some of the slack .
    250r rules

ShaftDrive225dx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    That thing looks mean! I got a 2nd gen myself Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	196606 yours has a lot more work done to it! But I to thought I would show u mine keep you motivated to finish yours lol

--
    Nice bike! Doing a similar build. West coast swing arm is going Gold. Have Kenda Klaws also. Your Bike looks Great. Keep up the good work.

--
    Thanks atc300..I thought about going to the 14-tooth front sprocket when I was running the 18's because the gearing was too low, but it handled too rough so I went with 20's..yet to see how the handling or the gearing is with the 20's on but I think it should be just right..Thanks Shaftdrive225dx..I like your bike it looks CLEAN! I'd love to have your rear seat fenders lol Thanks Blue Viffer..Thought about white, black, chrome and gold for alternative swinger colors..went with the blue just to keep it original..that and I've never seen another with a blue Westcoast..you have any pics of your build?? Or a sweet sectional you'd like to part with??

--
    Looking good!

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    Thanks Pargiello! Got any pics of your 84' 300R?

nicker71 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks good!! I love the swingarm, id really like to get one for myself

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //