//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idea/suggestion for TF2015

--

Idea/suggestion for TF2015

I had a blast at my first TF, but I had no clue what events where going on when. Just a simple suggestion/idea is to have a post up that has a schedule of events (drags, mx racing etc). I missed all the events except the practice run on the mx track for the dirt bikes. I was hoping a schedule would be on one of the two links below.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/calenda...=2014-6-22&c=1

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content...t-is-Trikefest

Btw... just noticed the second link had a schedule for 2007, is it the same times every year?

Also reading some posts it sounds like there were shirts for sale during the event, I'll be keeping an eye out for the extras to be put up in the 3ww shop.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting, kind of bummed I missed out of the drags and such. I still had a great time and hope to show up next year!

--
    Just hang around camp, people eventually migrate haha. Seems it's typically around noon though.

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Honestly unless you dropped anchor at your camp I have no idea how you missed everything. I've missed an event here and there before, every now and then the crowd just goes without much of a warning. If I want to do something I ride out and see what's going on, then I go from there. Someone is always doing something either at the river, the Shoe Tree, whatever.

Just remember this, it's easy. Grudge drags sometimes Thursday night. MX Friday, Drags Saturday, both during the day. Saturday night is the Herk 'N Jerk after the awards ceremony and barrel racing can break out any time the sun is down regardless of what day it is. Riverfest can be 24/7 and when I'm bored I ride to the Shoe Tree and see if anyone is there. If not, oh well. I just went for a three wheeler ride.

You picked a great year for your first, at least I feel like it. Best year ever for me. I hope you had a good time!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I didn't hang around camp much, didn't really prepare for sun since the forecast said clouds and rain, so I did a lot of riding in the woods lol. I love riding too much I guess , if i had the times, I could have came out, watched the event, and went back into hiding from the sun .

Anyway, I did have a blast, Michigan is pretty flat in my area and there is only sand, dirt, and "normal mud", basically no clay or large rocks here... or those "it don't look too bad" mud holes that turn into quicksand. One almost got me by surprize. Good thing I was riding my mud machine on the first day.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    The events are basically the same time every year. I quit making flyers because inevtiably there would be rain, track maintenance, or something else I had no control over delay or postpone an event and then id' get a 100 people asking me when it was going to start since I made the schedule. I realize thats a little bit selfish, but it really did get kind of ridiculous at a few different points in years past.

We have discussed it though, and I will make a schedule for next year, and it will be posted in the main office and probably at the bathrooms also. And hopefully I wont get hunted down by a 100 people in a 15 minute stretch of time to find out whats going on when again...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    The events are basically the same time every year. I quit making flyers because inevtiably there would be rain, track maintenance, or something else I had no control over delay or postpone an event and then id' get a 100 people asking me when it was going to start since I made the schedule. I realize thats a little bit selfish, but it really did get kind of ridiculous at a few different points in years past.

We have discussed it though, and I will make a schedule for next year, and it will be posted in the main office and probably at the bathrooms also. And hopefully I wont get hunted down by a 100 people in a 15 minute stretch of time to find out whats going on when again...
    You might consider adding; all times tentative on weather and or track conditions.
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Agreed, or hide your post and act like you didn't make the schedule .

Just a general idea of start times would work perfect for me, not like we have to get to the events at an exact time unless we are in the event lol.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    You might consider adding; all times tentative on weather and or track conditions.
    Or an "ish" after the time
    Example, drag races start at 1ish

Lol. Yeah it sucks. I have missed a few events too in the past 4 years. Like mentioned above, follow
    The crowd.
    Last edited by hoosierlogger; 07-03-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Being that it was my first year at trikefest, my input might not have too much weight... but here is something to thing about for next year.

I was lucky enough to get the time off to drive the three days down and back and be able to spend four days enjoying trikefest.
    The first day was pretty much my meet and greet. The second day was getting to know the lay of the land (with a private night time tour the night before).
    And the Friday and Saturday was to get more involved and watch the events.

A lot of the time the events were passed on via word of mouth or by ditchmud (it's ditchmud right?) announcing the event over the mic while ridding around on his Big Red.
    I noticed that there was some writings on the whiteboard at the main building, but only general info was stated.

As stated above, we could tell for the most part if there was an event starting because others would pass the word.
    The statement of "Follow the crowd" is well... misleading. (As was demonstrated for the bra tree meet that ended up at the shoe tree...)
    With the gathering getting bigger every year, things will get more active. Groups of riders might take off for a run in the bush, so stating that
    you should look out for a crowd moving to a location is again misleading if not false at this point.

The ISH statement might be a good way to go at it. Yes, the weather is a big deal, as I have seen, it can be sunny one minute, then torrential thunderstorms the next.
    A large billboard or flyer that would be given at the office when we pay for out stay, would be am effective way to inform the people.
    But going back to the ISH... if it were to be planned out to have not only the main events, but also mini events to get people together in the off hours, I think things would
    move along and keep people active.

Some events that were kicked around while we were sheltering from the rains were;

- Minis only racing (Stock Class and Modified Class)
    - Mini Drag Pulls (weights) - I may be wrong, but I thought I saw some drag wagons in the barn.
    - Mini uphill/downhill barrel racing (personally I think a stock class race on the steep hill going down to the pond from the main gate would be good for a few laughs)
    - Obstacle course race ( down log, 3 barrel weave and back through... kind of like the barrel race)
    - Backwards drags 100 feet (sure... you think you are good driving forwards...)
    - "OUT of GAS Races" (this one would be good)
    * OGR Minis (riders sit on their mini and have to use their legs to "paddle" their way to the finish line.) so drag style
    * OGR OPEN ( Participants have to get their machine to the finish line any way possible without use of any tools (including rope).. so push, pull, kick or whatever)
    - "Seized Engine Pull" (Feel strong enough? With the E-brake on or engine in reverse, the rider must pull their trike to the finish line.
    - Longest wheelie
    - "Don't drop the EGG" (we have all played this I hope... but this time, one hand holding a spoon with a tennis ball on the end and one hand on the throttle.

So there are many events that can be introduced. Those are some of my favorite ones that I remember from the chats we had at the river and at camp.

If a few of these were planned out ISH wise for the evening and during the free time during the day, I'm sure people would be kept entertained.

Though I will add... the River was a daily event for me, good times!

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    A lot of them events sound like fun . I'd be interested in the longest wheelie one, I'd have to get back into practice on my 200 big red though.

--
    Maybe some live music in the evening for the people who are hanging around camp?
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    A 'wheelie race' ......where you take off your front tire and have to wheelie it from a dead stop across the finish line or face certain disaster if your fork ends touch the ground in motion......LMAO.

Damn Matt....that seized engine pull sounds fierce. You Canadians dont fugg around! Haha.
    Last edited by ironchop; 07-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    How about the slowest wheelie, whoever can get from point a to point b the slowest!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    What we need is a large dry erase board placed in a known location with the list of events and times posted. Event time changes erase the old time and write down the new time. That simple! Place it at the gateway for camping area.

As far as adding events...our plate is full with what we officially already have, but we have unofficial events that pop up each year. Some have gone away for various reasons but a new one develops in its place. If you have an event that you want to try I suggest you get others interested into your idea and do it. If you are having fun others will join in!

--
    And remember guys... the quickest way to end up on the planning group is to make good suggestions! 2nd quickest is to complain! Lmao!!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //