//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idea/suggestion for TF2015

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDragontamer View Post
    Being that it was my first year at trikefest, my input might not have too much weight... but here is something to thing about for next year.

I was lucky enough to get the time off to drive the three days down and back and be able to spend four days enjoying trikefest.
    The first day was pretty much my meet and greet. The second day was getting to know the lay of the land (with a private night time tour the night before).
    And the Friday and Saturday was to get more involved and watch the events.

A lot of the time the events were passed on via word of mouth or by ditchmud (it's ditchmud right?) announcing the event over the mic while ridding around on his Big Red.
    I noticed that there was some writings on the whiteboard at the main building, but only general info was stated.

As stated above, we could tell for the most part if there was an event starting because others would pass the word.
    The statement of "Follow the crowd" is well... misleading. (As was demonstrated for the bra tree meet that ended up at the shoe tree...)
    With the gathering getting bigger every year, things will get more active. Groups of riders might take off for a run in the bush, so stating that
    you should look out for a crowd moving to a location is again misleading if not false at this point.

The ISH statement might be a good way to go at it. Yes, the weather is a big deal, as I have seen, it can be sunny one minute, then torrential thunderstorms the next.
    A large billboard or flyer that would be given at the office when we pay for out stay, would be am effective way to inform the people.
    But going back to the ISH... if it were to be planned out to have not only the main events, but also mini events to get people together in the off hours, I think things would
    move along and keep people active.

Some events that were kicked around while we were sheltering from the rains were;

- Minis only racing (Stock Class and Modified Class)
    - Mini Drag Pulls (weights) - I may be wrong, but I thought I saw some drag wagons in the barn.
    - Mini uphill/downhill barrel racing (personally I think a stock class race on the steep hill going down to the pond from the main gate would be good for a few laughs)
    - Obstacle course race ( down log, 3 barrel weave and back through... kind of like the barrel race)
    - Backwards drags 100 feet (sure... you think you are good driving forwards...)
    - "OUT of GAS Races" (this one would be good)
    * OGR Minis (riders sit on their mini and have to use their legs to "paddle" their way to the finish line.) so drag style
    * OGR OPEN ( Participants have to get their machine to the finish line any way possible without use of any tools (including rope).. so push, pull, kick or whatever)
    - "Seized Engine Pull" (Feel strong enough? With the E-brake on or engine in reverse, the rider must pull their trike to the finish line.
    - Longest wheelie
    - "Don't drop the EGG" (we have all played this I hope... but this time, one hand holding a spoon with a tennis ball on the end and one hand on the throttle.

So there are many events that can be introduced. Those are some of my favorite ones that I remember from the chats we had at the river and at camp.

If a few of these were planned out ISH wise for the evening and during the free time during the day, I'm sure people would be kept entertained.

Though I will add... the River was a daily event for me, good times!
    Trikefest is my vacation, I don't go to think. I hereby ordain you "Matt the Trikefest Scheduler" Thank you sir!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trikefest is my vacation, I don't go to think. I hereby ordain you "Matt the Trikefest Scheduler" Thank you sir!
    lol... If I Make it next year, maybe I will! :P

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    Been awhile since I've been there but making plans now to go next year. Can someone please remind me of the dates again? Can't remember if it takes place weekend before Father's day, weekend of, or weekend after. Thanks.
    85' Honda Big Red
    09' Yamaha YZ 250F
    2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
    2015 Polaris RZR 570 LE/Trail Edition
    2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

--
    Weekend after
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Weekend after Fathers day, every year!

--
    Thank you.
    85' Honda Big Red
    09' Yamaha YZ 250F
    2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
    2015 Polaris RZR 570 LE/Trail Edition
    2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EventScheduleFlyer.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	818.4 KB 
ID:	208260

As has been requested!

--
    What classes are there for mx and drags?
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Samjp22 View Post
    What classes are there for mx and drags?
    Go back and search the Rules and Sign-up threads from past years. Classes will be very similar, if not exactly the same, as past years.

There are 11 MX classes. No matter what trike(s) you want to race, there will be a class for you.

Same goes for drag racing. You tell them what you are riding and they will fit you into the appropriate class.

--
    Thanks keister
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post

As has been requested!
    Awesome! Exactly what I was trying to find last year that didn't exist . Printed off a few copies for friends/family, maybe I can get more to come with me this year :P.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //