//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 Yt175 problems

--

1983 Yt175 problems

hey guys so i just got this 1983 yt175 and it wont idle and when you give it gas it bogs but then it will hit powerband, i took the carb off and the reeds, the reeds were shot so i ordered boyesons for it but i noticed the carburetor was missing a very important thing ! a pilot jet Lol so would this be my problem for the low range rpms bogging and not idling? does anyone know where else i can find a different head i have been searching for a long time and cant seem to find one its in pretty good shape its only missing rear mudlfaps and a few small things , 1 more thing i cleaned the air filter and all the passageways as it was sitting for a while and that was the first thing i did. thanks and i hope someone can help me out?

--
    any guesses?

--
    A missing pilot jet could definatley cause some low end issues. I would get a new one. Try JetsRus.com and try to get a genuine mikuni or Keihin, whatever your carb is. Why are you looking for a new head?
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    thanks for the reply, i was looking for a new head because i like the old dg radial heads and would like to bump the compression i will chrvk jetsrus

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //