//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DickyDanger's 350x

--
    The body work overall is a 7.5 - 8 out of 10. The whole bike is half 1985 and 1986 so I def have a mutant. The head pipe WILL be coming off because I dont like the rusted crummy look. Def alot of sanding prepping and painting to get it nice and stay nice. I always hit matience first because you really never know how well something was taken care or or lack of taken care of especially buying from a stranger. When I pull the oil filter it was gross and looked like it hasent been changed in a long time if ever at all. The oil itself did not look good either. But over all the bike is pretty much there. Good tires good wheels decent plastics nice seat minus the fact it doesnt say 350x or atc but along woth the input and opinions of all of you on this board I plan to take it in a good direction ad look forward to sharing my progress and problems

--
    I'm having the same problem with my caliper bracket where did u get the stay bushing?

--
    Today I got the lock bolts out of the carrier and replaced them with new ones when I adjusted the chain. I also put the new bushing on the caliper bracket but it still has play like I can move the caliper bracket a little up and down. Started cleaning out the shed today sold an old tackle box and gear. Working on selling some atv tires then im going to be getting new bars and grips.

--
    Picked up a new set of bars and grips. Just waiting for the new clutch lever to do the install

--
    Nice bars. You should also invest in a pre-filter for that K&N. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	197573

Also nice bike.

--
    Thanks for the tip I will have to look into one of those!. I just sold some stuff on ebay this morning so I am going to buy new bulbs for the head light alonh with a new tail light the pre uous owner broke the lens and chopped off the wiring. Does the pre filter affect the air flow?

--
    No. And when running a K&N on any off road machine you should run a pre-filter.

--
    I second that^^. An Outerwears cover will save your engine.

350xorbust is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Very glad to see another one saved from the ebay parted out category!. Be good to it, and it will do the same!!

--
    thanks for the tips and praise. I love this thing and plan on holding onto to it for a long time. I got the new bars grips and clutch lever on it this weekend here is a picture my new head light bulbs came in today and the new tail light assembly should be in tomorrow.

--
    Any one have any leads on a decently priced voltage regulator? Or is 45$ a good buy from ebay?

--
    Beautiful 350x welcome to the club. I've broke 6 of the last exhaust stud bolts that I've tried to remove. They get welded on with dirt heat and exhaust corrosion. Use pb blast on them for a week then go out for a nice long ride and get them good and hot, then try to remove.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0544-300x200.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	198016
    I'm bringing the 80's back!
    85' 200x - 84' 185s - 85' 125m - 83' xr500

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //