//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Drag Racing

--

Drag Racing

Yep guys, i need some tips haha. i need some information on drag racing a 350x. ex. keep front wheel down, etc. if you have anything you want to share let me know. also, any mods to do to make it better, faster off the line? give me your .02 cents
    350cc's of Pure Adrenalin'

'85 350x
    '85 Big Red 250

--
    Pin it to Win it.

--
    If you got agressive tires/stock swingarm you're best bet is to slip the clutch and leaving in first. If you have slip tires like 4 snows or small paddle tires you can get away with dumping the clutch at a high rpm and hold on. It will take some practice but you'll figure out what works best for you
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    - Be prepared, mechanically and mentally. Most races are won on the starting line and with well maintained machines
    - Don't forget to breath (many people forget to do that) You know you forgot to breath if you get a cramp during or after the run
    - Sit forward but not so much that you can't work the controls comfortably, otherwise you'll get a good launch and then be fumbling around when it's time to shift to second
    - Launch with your left foot under the shifter ready to go for second and your right foot above the rear brake ready to save it if you start to loop
    - Gas pinned at all times, use the clutch to float the wheel no more that a foot off the ground (less is better)
    - Get as low as you can and tuck your elbows in after the launch to cut the wind
    - Speed shift if you can, especially into 3rd and up. Make sure you get 1st to 2nd right even if it takes a millisecond longer. It's the most commonly missed shift
    - Stay alert till you get back to the pits. A lot of guys shut their brains off at the finish line and get hurt
    - Don't be scared to shut down if something goes wrong. If you get out of shape or someone comes into your lane do the smart thing. A lot of guys get so psyched they'd run over a kid to get to the finish line
    - Always congratulate the guy that beats you and don't be a dick if you win (or lose) Throwing helmets is for F1 pussies
    - Don't race high or hung-over, you are not alone out there
    Last edited by El Camexican; 07-13-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    my tip is forget the 350x. build you a 250r. i own both bikes and i promise you will have much better luck with a built 250r.
    current rides
    82' ATC110
    85' ATC310R
    85' ATC250R
    85' ATC250ES
    16' brute force 750

pcs is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    First question I ask is where are u racing? Surface, tires, suspension, and engine? launch in 2nd gear to min wheelie and less chance of missing. 1-2 up shift is the worst shift bc u could pop into neutral. On my tri z I have a stock swinger and when i race I sit on the air box, hang over the bars pin 2nd and dump the clutch when I launch. On the 250r with a +8 swinger I choke on the gas tank and pin 2nd gear as well. Ride the wheelie out if u cant keep the front end down short shift 3rd but stay on throttle. You could try lowering the front end a little to help with the wheelies
    Team Blue: 85 Tri-z 250: under the knife
    Team Red: 87 Trx250r 01Cr80 15 CBR600RR
    Team Yellow: 06 Ltr450 11 Hayabusa

--
    Get a wheelie bar, unless you are only racing other 3 wheelers, you are never going to be able to launch hard enough to be competitive and still keep the front end down.
    85 250r
    ESR 310

09 Raptor 700
    07 LTR

--
    never say never ive smoked lots of bikes with wheelie bars and long swingarms with my little plus 2. you have to slip the clutch some coming out of the hole then slide back off the gastank at just the right moment to transfer your weight for traction, you need to be one with your machine.watch this carefully.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6Xz7_gIIo
    Airfoolers RULE!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1upfront View Post
    never say never ive smoked lots of bikes with wheelie bars and long swingarms with my little plus 2.
    That just means that they suck, and you can ride.

I did not say you would never win......I said be competitive.
    85 250r
    ESR 310

09 Raptor 700
    07 LTR

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //