//ArrowChat Code

Thread: has honda gone with herd?

Jed is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

has honda gone with herd?

ok here goes, ever since I was little we had 3 Honda foreman 400s and my dads 86 big red, we use them for every thing imaginable and all three foremen's have around 11 thousand miles on them and the big red is just now starting give up. just so you know how hard we use them, let me tell you my grandpa owns a white tail deer ranch with a 250acre preserve separate from the breeding facility, for years we put a 400lbs barrel of water on the back of our red foreman and drove it through the trails to the water tubs we use, every summer we square bale about one thousand bales(we don't own a kicker baller) and we use the foreman's to pull them into the barns, and one full wagon ways 4000lbs. during the winter we have to get feed to the troths in the deer preserve and in the trails in the ravines the snow goes up the racks on the bikes, so my grandpa goes first with our feed cart and 500lbs of grain on his Rubicon and my dad behind him on a foreman then my uncle next on his 350 rancher then me in back on the other foreman, every time some one gest bogged down in the snow the next person rams there bike into the back of the other and pushes them through. I know this all sounds a little crazy, but this is what we use them for year after year. my point in all of this is about comparing our 98 to 01 Hondas against the new so called better Hondas. I think that in 2014 Honda started for some reason following the crowd a little, and just today I got on to the Honda power sports website and saw the 2015 foreman Rubicon and I think I started to cry a little, I will still always be loyal to Honda because of their reliability and unmatched low-end torque, but if they turn to cvt, then sorry Honda I'm out.(but I am going to get a pioneer 500) I may only be 14 but I think I am on to something.

--
    yes - Honda used to be an engineering company - products driven by engineers. With a few exceptions, that changed in the early 90s. I read somewhere the 4th gen Accords were the last engineer driven cars.

--
    Hell they were the last ones to bring out a SxS
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I've said it before, and will prolly get disliked for it but I live in honda country and I am a yammi guy through and through, I agrees honda made the longest living motors out there but that is part of the problem. Once people realized this they rode them and beat them until there was nothing left to save and by the time someone comes along to repair it you might as well part it out because of the damages. I also despise the metal tanks and metal seat pans far too many have completely rotted out over the years. And the pulse generator can make a rebuild with timing it a complete nightmare at times. At one time I owned 11 honda's all of which have been sold, I now own only two, and two yamaha's. My cousin just bought a ytm 225dx that has sat for 8 years and that thing has the best dang spark I ve seen out of any of the honda's I ever owned, oh wait the ytm is a yamaha that explains it. lol Honda needs to take a step back and see where they have fallen over the years and revamp their company and designs and they will be once again the leader in motor sports. people mainly buy honda's now because of loyalty.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    They are not switching to cvt. The 2015 Rubicon is a five speed.

tvpierce is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'd never been a fan of shiftless ATVs -- until I rode one. My brother in law has a 10 year old 500cc Suzuki 4x4 with belt drive, like a snowmobile.

Don't get me wrong, if I was buying a new ATV, I would still go with a traditional manual shift model. But the shiftless machines have their place. One scenario where shiftless shines: I build up speed to get across a mud/water hole. It's deeper than I thought, so I get bogged-down half way through. With the manual shift, I'm in the wrong gear, and losing precious momentum while I downshift. With the shiftless, you just keep on powering through... it's pretty cool.

On the other hand, my 200cc '84 Big Red (notorious for being perhaps the slowest 3 wheelers Honda ever made) will blow the 500 cc Suzuki out of the water in a flat out speed race. (but that probably had more to do with the way the Zuke is geared, and the fact that it's a 600 pound machine). The manual shift also seems better for pulling/utility/work.

I'm also a motorcyclist. I would never trade my manual shift street bike for an automatic. But you have to look at the new tech that's being put out there today. It's not the Honda-matic you remember from the 1980s. Honda's top of the line sport tourer has not a CVT tranny, but an electronic shift dual clutch tranny -- like a Formula-One race car. It's pretty amazing.

That being said, my ATV is a 30 year old 3 wheeler with an engine that was designed in the 60s... so not exactly the cutting edge! :-)

--
    The DCT transmission solves the problem of needing to downshift since it shifts automatically.

--
    Was thinking the design of the racks and the fenders is far less practical.
    I like the black plastic sides so you can rub trees if needed. Now its square shaped plastic that looks like it will crack.

Probably more stylish and cheaper to make.

--
    Most people seem to change bikes regularly, (the recreation riders with the deep pockets) so latest features with slightly less longevity is the way to go.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //