//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tri z kicker shaft dog

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Tri z kicker shaft dog

Pulled motor to bits for a refresh.
    The dog on the internal end of the kicker shaft next to the helical gears has worn through the casing making contact with the first gear cog on the output shaft.
    Is this a common fault?
    Was thinking of having case welded to plug hole and dog built up with weld to make it good.
    What is the usual deal with this?
    Junk?
    Was also thinking of getting another bottom end but how likely am I to come across the same problem?
    Cheers in advance.

--
    I would get a new right case, and sounds to me like someone forgot to put a thrust washer in there and it rubbed for a long time. what usually breaks is the clutch cover at the kicker area.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st gear.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	749.1 KB 
ID:	197437
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	casing rhs.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	790.2 KB 
ID:	197436
    Picture says a thousand words

--
    ouch yep someone definitely put the kicker back in there wrong, take a look at this micro fiche and check to see what you are missing, I'm betting they put the clip and shaft in there wrong. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STARTER.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	197438
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    I only started the motor once after I got the trike started of the kicker after a couple of goes.
    Sounded ok but frame was snapped and chain rusted solid so pulled it apart for rebuild
    now worked round to sorting motor out and this is what I have found
    I have the Yamaha maintenance manual pdf so I have the schematics
    looks like I will need another 1st gear and starter shaft, casing will probably get welded or maybe another bottom end as spares I will see what comes up over here.
    Has anyone seen this before?
    Cheers

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //