//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vintage AMA Pro Racing footage from 1985 Miami national 250 and 200cc classes!

--
    Jackie out front. Looks like Bobby Ecker in second.......I see #55 back in the pack.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    You guy's can pipe up if I am mistaken but I remember being told this facility was a figure 8 asphalt track that had sand hauled in to make the track. You will notice that the turns are worn down to the asphalt . There was still a skimcoat of sand on the surface so it made sliding not so difficult. It was one lined so passing was difficult which is why you see so much aggressive riding (bumping ect )

--
    The track was mostly used as an oval stock car track But they had the figure 8 track for the crash entertainment LOL . I raced the whole season so had lots of time on that track in the video which was basically a few S turns and in center field and part of the hard original oval coarse which was black top .

Yeah Joseph that was the hole shot picture with all those pingers in front of me , Jackie #111 had ignition failure if I remember right so DNF and I worked my way up to a 3rd place finish in that main .

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    You guy's can pipe up if I am mistaken but I remember being told this facility was a figure 8 asphalt track that had sand hauled in to make the track. You will notice that the turns are worn down to the asphalt . There was still a skimcoat of sand on the surface so it made sliding not so difficult. It was one lined so passing was difficult which is why you see so much aggressive riding (bumping ect )
    Last edited by shortline10; 07-24-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    rs videos also had a video available from the Tacoma dome in 85. Man I wish I knew someone who had a copy. I asked marty hart at an off road race and he said he loaned them to some guy who hasn't done anything with them. I have a copy I was getting converted from Porterville but the business shut down all of a sudden, the tape is dark but the racing is awesome!

--
    Your Porterville video should be on the web for all to see. Any way you can get that done?

--
    Great Job, Loved the Vid !

Keep up the good work =)
    If you have Bought a item from me, Please leave me feedback
    If your buying a item from me check my feedback
    Click on link ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ceaserthethird

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Your Porterville video should be on the web for all to see. Any way you can get that done?
    I may be able to convert it even if it is VHS - but I DO NOT want to be responsible for the only copy if I do

Bad experiences with tapes ever since I was kid...

--
    My Porterville copy is just of me that I have/had. RS Video would record just individual riders ect. if you wanted it done. My heat has me seizing the motor a couple of laps in. My Semi has me leading a few laps until my motor let go again (in all the haste installed 2 sizes to small piston) and the main I rode amateur team mates trike that was a turd ( finished like 13th).

--
    I finally got a hold of the old owner of the conversion place and I guess the new owner is in jail. Hes gonna get me my tape bacl and ill get it transferred over at another business. Nice to know people out there really care about watching these old races like me. One thing I got to tell you about this race is Steve Mendenhaul was a beast!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //