//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Another 200es comes out of the wood work!

--

Another 200es comes out of the wood work!

So I just picked up my 2nd 200es for $300!! In incredibly good shape, came from a vineyard, been parked inside for most of its life, I think it just needs a battery and a little cleanup, has a slightly bent rack,...even got the tool kit and the owners manual! This is the 2nd one that I have gotten in this shape for the money On one more note, I noticed that my new 200es has "Honda" on a sticker on the front forks, my other 200es has "All Terrain Cycle" on the sticker, (first 2 pics), has something been changed out here? The manufacture dates are one month apart, 10/83 and 11/83, does anybody know if there were slight differences within the year?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iphone 016.JPG   iphone 015.JPG   iphone 014.JPG   iphone 013.JPG   iphone 011.JPG   iphone 012.JPG  

iphone 010.JPG  

--
    Joe are you serious! Only 300$ here in Australia that would be about 1500$ if we could find any 200es! I've spend over 1000$ in buying things over eBay for my 200es mostly from shipping! Ps you got any spare 200es rear fenders?

--
    You stole that no matter what country you're from. Nice find. Interesting about the sticker...hmmmmm?
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Check out the difference in the sub trans shift knobs as well, they look factory to me

Ivan, I can hardly believe the price either, like I said this is the 2nd for this price that I have found within 100 miles of my house!(and somehow been able to pounce upon) I am always on the lookout for fenders and I will let you know if I come across some not attached to a trike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shifter 002.JPG   shifter 001.JPG  

--
    Thanks Joe, in the first picture with the sub trans i can see there is a plastic grommet which is at the pivot point. Are these very rare and hard to find? I have only seen these on 2 trikes. I want to find one and put on my 200es, do you have any to sell or where i could find one? Looked on ebay but none out there.Thanks Ivan

--
    Sweet find man! I've never been interested in the older BIG REDs, or the smaller trikes, but, I am damn glad to see so many of these great machines being found and cared for!! Great price by the way. Makes me jealous! The stickers and sub trans sift knobs are interesting. Maybe it has to do with the plant(s) they were built at? If Honda had more then one plant for the 200es?

--
    With regard to the different styles of sub-trans shifter knobs:

I think this bulletin has the beginnings of an explanation:
    http://www.kb0nly.info/ATC/index.php...er+Bracket.pdf

What the bulletin describes is a change to the frame mid-production, specifically to the mounting boss location for the fender mounting screw closest to the footpegs.

A few years ago, I purchased replacement fenders for my 200ES and they bolted up fine, but just didn't line up at that location. I found this bulletin and ordered the brackets which fixed the problem. It appears that the fenders changed along with the frames.

The point of all this is that on my machine, I have the 4-leaf clover style of shifter knob and it hits the fender when trying to shift to reverse. I can't lock the knob into the reverse position due to the interference with the fender (but I can hold it with my hand and it works).

I think the smooth shifter knob is smaller in diameter in order to clear the fenders when shifting to reverse on the machines with this unique frame.

...this is my theory anyway.

Can you post up the VIN to see if it is in the VIN range called out in the bulletin? The bulletin says this affects serial numbers 319300 through 381603.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Thanks for the info, here's the 2 frame #s: 200es with round shifter: 414893, 200es with clover shaped shifter: 443265 . So it looks like neither one falls into the modified frame category? I took a quick peek behind the fenders, both mounting brackets appear to be the same...

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by joefixit0 View Post
    So I just picked up my 2nd 200es for $300!! In incredibly good shape, came from a vineyard, been parked inside for most of its life, I think it just needs a battery and a little cleanup, has a slightly bent rack,...even got the tool kit and the owners manual! This is the 2nd one that I have gotten in this shape for the money On one more note, I noticed that my new 200es has "Honda" on a sticker on the front forks, my other 200es has "All Terrain Cycle" on the sticker, (first 2 pics), has something been changed out here? The manufacture dates are one month apart, 10/83 and 11/83, does anybody know if there were slight differences within the year?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...47#post1014447
    Had the same question about the 2 ES's I picked up a while back too. My 12/83 ES had "Honda" on the forks and the 09/83 ES had "All Terrain Cycle" on the forks. Never got a solid answer to the question just got one reply that's possible I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by rugman316 View Post
    I could possibly be making this up but I think it was just the ones that were sold in the U.S that had Honda and the Canada/International ones have all terrain cycle on them. All three of my 200es here in Canada have the words atc on them. Maybe somebody else knows if that is correct or not.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //