//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ashtabula 2014

--

Ashtabula 2014

Well it was a long day Sunday to wait to race.Due to a change in the AMA insurance trikes couldn't race until the complete national event was over.It was a even better turn out than last years event.There was a lot of unhappy racers in the staging area Sunday evening.To those who attended it was worth it.The AMA has realized we should be included.They were impressed how many trikes there was and how many people stayed to race.Plus I guess a lot of the quad racers said we got screwed.There was no reason why we shouldn't have been allowed to race.So it sounds like trikes will be included in next years event.So don't give up.Show up next year and put on another good show!

--
    Yea that made for a long day for sure but it was worth it . And I too think it surprised them how many showed up
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    How many showed this year? Approximately?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Think around 60 full size trikes.There was a lot of mini's also.

--
    Nice turn out. I will get up there someday
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    How many showed this year? Approximately?

73 3 wheelers. Rumor prior to the race was this would most likely be the last "national" there. Maybe it changed ?
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I wonder if they could have a 3 wheeler only event the following week where you wouldn't have to mess with the AMA.

--
    That has been looked into also.Might be pricey to pay for the track maintence.As of now the AMA may have changed there minds about trikes.Time will tell.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stroberts22 View Post
    I wonder if they could have a 3 wheeler only event the following week where you wouldn't have to mess with the AMA.
    I think There was talk of this while we were there!!

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    Maybe we could hire a good crew that wont let us run into hay bales in the track. I cant believe how calm you were about that Jason
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    What ever happens hopefully it won't be the last race there.It is a fun track and a good time.Seeing that many trikes on a track racing is awesome!

--
    That hay bale in that spot was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.. Stuff happens, I'm just glad things turned out as well as they did.

83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer

--
    I'm certain the hay bail was there because of all of the rain. It looked like the drain was clogged in the pit, thus the bail placement. The bail was to keep people out of the water hole, but my gosh - Jason is right - what a silly place for a bail. Anyone with eyes could see the water hole. Did Jacob hit the bail, or a rider in front of him kick it out Jason?
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    I'm not sure what happened Timmy200?? I was hoping Matt Kemps helmet cam video would have shown it, but it didn't. It was some Very Close racing the entire time. I know he was cutting in very low everywhere. He was pushing hard to move up as far as he could with the shortened race. I think they only ran 5 laps. Would have been fun to see what would have happened if they would have run the 10 laps like planned in the beginning. I was coming close to the hay bale, and throwing the back end around it. He might have just hooked it on his own. He said one second he was on, the next he was on his Back (

83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'm glad Jacob is ok Jason. Good thing he's young lol. It was fun mixing it up on that track with everybody. My back brakes were dragging bad when I came off the track in the main so I boogied to my trailer and loaded up. By the time I got done everybody had dispersed so I couldn't say by to everybody. It was great meeting new people and seeing people I only get to see once in a while. I can't wait for the next race!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //