//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Recoil Starter Repair / Repair parts

--

Recoil Starter Repair / Repair parts

Hello everyone- I just picked up a '84 ATC 200S that the recoil starter does not work. I pulled it off and tore it down to find that the piece of steel that the "dogs" or "teeth" pivot on and turn-out when you pull the recoil handle, had broke the spot welds off the main body of the "pulley" that the cord wraps around. I attempted to weld it back on last night, but I think my plug holes are too small and the weld keeps "grabbing" the piece of steel and not the "pulley". If I can't get this to hold, I need a replacement piece.

I've looked on e-bay and seen recoil rebuild "kits" going for $80~$100, but this machine is a low hour unit, so everyting inside the recoild looks new, except for the broken spot welds. Does anyone know if someone, or some shop sells individual parts from the "kit"? All I really need is the "pulley" for I can reuse everything else.

Any input would be appreciated. Likewise, if this has been covered, please point me at the post, for I tried searching buy several different key words and found nothing.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    dratv has that pully part but it is 45 dollars here is the link http://www.dratv.com/atpu2.html

--
    Unfortunately that is the most expensive part.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Well, I got the "dog-teeth" pivot piece of steel re-welded to the pulley and reassembled. Yeah, still does not work. I looked the parts over closer and there are a lot of places that the pulley and the cover that goes over the "dogs" that things are bent-up or tweeked out of shape. So I guess I might just get the rebuild "kit" since the pulley itself is $45, and now it looks like I need a couple more pieces as well.

Thanks for the info guys!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //