//ArrowChat Code

Thread: my 400 dollar big red is finally coming around

--

my 400 dollar big red is finally coming around

yeah, this one had seen some use/abuse, seamed like every time i thought i found all the problems, more would show up, and i now feel much better about taking it out and getting back! I passed on this red two years ago, but after buying two more this spring that came with extras, some of which were needed for this one, i went back and bought this one. I replaced the rear axle bearings and seals, installed a good used rear brake panel/hub assy., rebuilt the carb, replaced both clutches with good used ones, cleaned/repainted the rear rims and installed some bear claws, straightened the front rack, new hand grips, still have a few more things to do to it, but this one is going to get used as my firewood hauler so i doesn't need to be perfect, and it now fits the bill.......................................Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0052 (2).JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	623.8 KB 
ID:	197659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0051.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	655.5 KB 
ID:	197658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0050 (2).JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	606.8 KB 
ID:	197657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0049 (3).JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	612.3 KB 
ID:	197656
    Last edited by bigred22; 07-25-2014 at 05:30 PM.

--
    That looks like an awful nice firewood hauler to me...something about it reminds me of the big red we all rode around the neighborhood as kids, although yours is much nicer and surely better maintained i can promise you that.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I don't know what she looked like when y9ou first got her, but, you have her lookin good now!

--
    thanks guys, it wasn't the prettiest sight for sure, but i could see potential, and with some good effort and of coarse more money, it's starting to look pretty good.............

--
    Looks great. Have a before pic. They always seem to eat the $$ no matter what.

--
    Hey nice trike, good job.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by weidjd View Post
    Looks great. Have a before pic. They always seem to eat the $$ no matter what.
    no, i didn't take a before pic but should have, after a good pressure washing was when i realized it should be worth putting some time and effort into it, it ran when i bought it, but not right, carb issues of coarse, also the throttle cable had been stretched from catching something and it wouldn't idle down until i trimmed back some of the outer casing, overall though, nothing i wasn't expecting to find on a wheeler that's 29 years old and who knows how many owners and riders...............

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Looks good . I'm putting the final touches on mine right now .

I just bought a full set of Decals from Harlan , but didn't need the ones that go on the side covers . Looked like you are missing the right side ?
    If you are interested P.M. me .

Again nice job .

Chop

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    Looks good . I'm putting the final touches on mine right now .

I just bought a full set of Decals from Harlan , but didn't need the ones that go on the side covers . Looked like you are missing the right side ?
    If you are interested P.M. me .

Again nice job .

Chop
    thanks chop, P.M. sent, the sidecover on it now came from my third 250es, and the one shown on this 250es will likely go back on it, i thought i'd be doing more work to the third one and swapped covers for now, meaning i do still have a nice side cover for this one, but may still want to make the other look nice down the road............sounds confusing but with three of these now, i'm having a hard time trying to keep up on which one is which!!..................

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //