//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Atc 70 lifan motor

jonny23 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Atc 70 lifan motor

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300737638676

Hey guys, looking at this 125 lifan motor ^ on ebay, is this the way to go or is there a better cheaper option. I'm just starting to look for 125 motors and this one seems to be alright. Price sounds a little steep but it's a bolt and go.

--
    I tend to agree, that's a bit high. The pull start conversion requires a TRX 70 side cover and a little grinding. The motors are fairly reasonable on Ebay and with the parts and labor for the conversion still don't come out to 700 bucks.

jonny23 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Most of the motors on ebay don't come with the pipe, carb and such. The one for $700 has everything. Anybody else have any input on this.

--
    I didn't read the ad until now. If it really is turnkey then that might not be a bad deal then. All the work has been done. I say go for it. If you do, let us know how it all goes together and any issues you may encounter.

--
    You don't need a TRX70 side cover you can use a ATC70 side cover but depends on what pull starter you are going to use....ATC pull starters are easier to find....
    the price isn't that bad, does come with everything you need....if you bought any lifan from ebay then you would have to buy a inlet manifold for one that fits a ATC the one that comes with the kit will not fit unless you want to mod your tank...
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

--
    Very true Pete. The last 70 I built with a 110 estart I had to machine the base of the intake. I took off 1/8" and it just fit with the air filter on it.

--
    Don't forget, the bigger engine will more than likely contact the back of the front fender. Alot of people stretch their frames 2 or 3 inches. Most exhausr pipes aren't an exact fit and require some "fitting". Alot of the pipes that do fit, tend to be on the smaller side and don't let the engines breathe very well. I guess it really depneds on what you feel like tinkering with. They are not a 100% bolt and go deal though.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    Very true Pat but the exhaust that comes with that lifan package does fit with no mods needed.....i have one and fits perfect and is a large bore size.....but like Pat said, if you stretch your frame the exhaust would need some work...
    Need Honda ATC TRX NOS restoration parts??? or come check out our ATC brochure site
    www.offroadvintage.com

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //