//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Repaint your kill/light/choke switch!

OKSTATE#1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Repaint your kill/light/choke switch!

Ok, so I decided to repaint my 125M switch the other day because the white lettering was gone. The 125M switch is pretty hard to find so figured this was the easiest way to make it look good. I dont know if anyone else had thought of this, so I thought I would post how I did it here...would probably work for any other switch that you can't find a Chinese knock off to replace with...

First, go buy some Testors gloss white paint and their orange paint, thinner, and some cheap brushes. Get some Qtips if you don't have any.

Clean off your switch if it's dirty and grab a little brush, dip it in the paint and brush over the area where the letters are. The paint will be all over the place, but it will be in the grooves of the lettering too. Next, and you can do this quickly after you paint if you are careful, get a Qtip and pull off most of the cotton end, leaving just enough to soak up some thinner but make it so the tip is not so bulbous. Dip it into the thinner. Use the Qtip and basically wipe right over the lettering, taking off the excess paint but leaving the paint in the grooves where it's supposed to be....and boom! You are done. Fresh lettering. Here's some pics before and after and of they things I used:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	197900Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	197901Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	744.5 KB 
ID:	197902

As you can see, the white paint is in where it's supposed to be, and there's no excess leftover. I didn't take a pic of the whole process, it went so quick I forgot to do that, and I had to scrounge through my pics to find a before shot lol. Haven't used the orange paint yet, but it looks like it would be a good match.

--
    Nicely done.... Good job

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I know what I'm doing this weekend . Looks great .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //