//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2004 300EX quad to trike conversion.

--
    You're making good progress. Keep it up!

--
    Coming along nicely!

--
    nice John, looks like it will be ready for our September ride.
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--

ex plastics formed over.

Got to working with the stock ex quad plastics and they cut + folded over well. Certainly don't look like much work but did take me all morning with lots of staring and thinking time of how/where to cut.
    Never did need the heat gun but did use the dremel tool way more then I suspected I would.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ex plastic 1.jpg   ex plastic 2.jpg   ex plastic 3.jpg  

--
    This is a cool project. Cant wait to see it finished.
    250r rules

--
    This makes me want to get an EX engine and a 350x swinger and convert the EX frame I have on the shop floor. Good thing for me is I have a spare 350X frame and front end with a rotted out subframe and engine cradle.

--

Got my test rides in.

After 4 angle changes I believe I have the angle that I am looking for. Handles quite well now.
    Got a thousand little things to button up (lights, front brake, cable tie backs, lots of little things).
    The reverse foot operated shift lever works like a charm, same with the cable operated choke.

Work in progress,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ex front 3.jpg   ex front 2.jpg   ex front 1.jpg  

--
    Very cool! I'm glad you were able to test ride it to find the best angle. Do you know what the neck angle ended up at compared to a 200X, 350X, or 250R?
    -Chad

--
    Looks cool! Is it going to be in Baldwin in Oct.?

1984 ATC 200XR
    1984 ATC 300R
    1983 ATC 88

Feedback for Mike Pargiello

--
    looks like it does not have enough rake. throw on a 350x triple tree. front end should be throw out a good inch or more.

--
    n You might be right oldschool. It certainly feels better then I had it and I did have it wayyyy to much raked. That looked great but would take a very wide berth to turn,,,

--

One more time, rake increased

I did one more increase in the rake and oldschoolin was right,,, better yet. Fender clears where it probably would have not done so before (borrowed this one last night from Dizasterfun AKA Kevin Shively).
    Redone the cables/wire routing from the way I had them routed the last time I took pics so those ain't all bundled up. They cleared every thing before but just look more right this latest way.
    Space between front and back axle is 43 1/2 inchs. Got a headlight + brake caliper + hose + fender coming my way.
    Going to lock tight the mounting bolts in, change fork oil, engine oil, rear brake pads, chain adjustment and planning on going to Kevins and ride around his 15 acres tomorrow. Rides good around our small back yard.
    Miss Korey wants to ride it as dose Kevin and his father Dale (Dale is in town visiting Keving and Corey because of the new baby boy Corey + Kevin had last Saturday)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails better rake 4.jpg   better rake 3.jpg   better rake 2.jpg   better rake 1.jpg  

--
    Looking so much better! How's your arm height? Only asking because your bars look a tad low.

--
    Well the arm height feels all right, the reach seems okay as well. Those bars have been bent from a roll over the fella I got the quad from so they won't be staying on there. I would like to play around with different height bars now that you mention that.
    I am sure I will have more feel from the trike tomorrow after getting some real seat time on it. Also looking forward to the input from 3 other experience trike riders have to say about it and what, if any improvements they recommend.

--
    Looking great john, rake looks correct now. Didn't wanna just parrot oldskool but I was hoping you'd try it. Agree with 6speed, dem bars look short...

Fantastic work. These modern trikes are going to pave the way for new possibilities, and yours is starting to look factory built. FYI I had a bummer of a day and your update just made it better, thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //