//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 85 honda burnt down :(

--

Bigred extra parts

Well, here is to hoping that any of you Bigred (or even SX) owners that may have extra parts to donate to BigRedfreak250 (Robert) for the rebuild of his burnt out Bigred I know it would be greatly appreciated.
    I will never get caught up "Paying it forward" simply because so many have helped me along the way,,, but darn it I will go down trying !
    I don't post these pictures up for a pat on the back or anything of the sort. It is to let you all know what is not there that if you have it, please pay it forward.
    Package will be heading your way Monday Robert, good luck with the resurrection !

Thanks, john + Liway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bigred spares 1.jpg  

--
    I want to say that I have a complete Big Red harness. That was some years ago, so I don't know if I still have it. Will look when I get the chance.

--
    thank you !!!! jeswinehart

we have most of the parts found on ebay.just have to order them monday.

your care package is going to help a lot jeswinehart.we couldnt fine the little gromments on ebay.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    Well, here is to hoping that any of you Bigred (or even SX) owners that may have extra parts t
    Thanks, john + Liway
    With ALL of the amazing help you have given me over the years. If you're" paying it forward". Somebody must have bought you a house,,or three!! This gentleman and his Wife Liway do More than anyone here will ever know,or could possibly imagine. Life is good Freak,if you need anything else you don't come up with,lmk. I have a cpl for parts. No bodywork,but I will kindly Ask Maier Monday if they can help out. I fear the answer,but it never hurts to ask Great job AGAIN John
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    BRF250, If you need an airbox and lid (no filter or core), I have you covered. It will be a few days before I can send it. Pm me your address if this is something that you can use. No charge, btw.

--
    THANKS FOR YALLS YEP GUYS.

and THANK YOU jeswinehart i appreciate the help and care package.

we have order all the parts.

look for a rebuild thread

as we get it back together.i will post some pics of the rebuild.

--
    wow, unlucky but lucky at the same time! that has gotta suck finding that one day out of the blue!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by czac View Post
    wow, unlucky but lucky at the same time! that has gotta suck finding that one day out of the blue!
    yes,that is very true.

--
    Any updates Robert ??? You back to riding yet ???

john

--
    I have an extra set of fender guards for the back fender. The ones that go on the side fender. PM me if you need them. They are reproductions made by a member on here.
    85 Big Red
    83 Big Red
    84 125m
    85 TRX 125
    73 ATC 70

--
    hey guys,

been busy helping my dad getting the building sorted out,and getting the rear end in the truck back together. after all that is good we are going to start on the 3wheeler.

now that said.

we have gotten the frame and forks clean.i striped the tank the other day.still have a little left to strip off.other then then.its still apart.

we have gotten all the parts,so its just of painting and gettting the wireing sorted.

dont worry ill be keeping this thread updated

--
    update,

the frame is clear now.just needs a some paint.were are striping the paint off the motor now.

the swing arm,hitch and front forks are painted.

next are the front and rear racks.

--
    update.

some pictures tomorrow.

whats done
    racks are painted.
    swing arm is painted and new bearings installed
    tank is primed but still working on.
    frame is primed
    bottom of engine is primed
    exhaust is painted
    front forks painted

next is
    sand and paint tank
    finish priming engine and paint
    reinstall swing arm
    install new brakes
    remount tires(surprise cant see till finish)
    wiring
    fenders and racks

little problem with the right hub.will not come off.tryed everything.wouldnt move.

--
    The battery in my mom's riding lawnmower also burst into flames. Spontaneous combustion was the official finding of the fire Marshall. Happened at 2 in the morning and by an absolute stroke of luck her neighbor had gotten up to get a drink of water and saw flames in the garage. Also in another stroke of luck she only lives a mile from the fire dept. They were there in under 3 minutes and were putting it out. Had it not been for her neighbor it could have been much worse. Thank god for them. It burned her mower down which then set fire to the garbage cans behind it. Really did a number on the garage. Her explorer, my 68 Camaro, and my Cagiva were in there. Of course that pales in comparison as to what could have happened as she was sound asleep and had no idea it was even happening until a fireman burst in and dragged her out. You just never know when these things can happen. I hope you get your big red rolling again soon !
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric250R View Post
    The battery in my mom's riding lawnmower also burst into flames. Spontaneous combustion was the official finding of the fire Marshall. Happened at 2 in the morning and by an absolute stroke of luck her neighbor had gotten up to get a drink of water and saw flames in the garage. Also in another stroke of luck she only lives a mile from the fire dept. They were there in under 3 minutes and were putting it out. Had it not been for her neighbor it could have been much worse. Thank god for them. It burned her mower down which then set fire to the garbage cans behind it. Really did a number on the garage. Her explorer, my 68 Camaro, and my Cagiva were in there. Of course that pales in comparison as to what could have happened as she was sound asleep and had no idea it was even happening until a fireman burst in and dragged her out. You just never know when these things can happen. I hope you get your big red rolling again soon !
    my dad said he hear of it happening but never seen it happen untill now.

thats crazy.it didnt hurt the building that much.just had to clean it out and wash the smoke out.it was lucky that it didnt take the whole buiding.

just trying to figure out a way.to make sure this dont happen again

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //