//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3wheeler in an ATV pull?

--
    I ran into a man I knew from the 80's the other day and asked him about his three wheeler pulling trikes from back then. He said he had them all in the barn just like he parked them in 1986. His son was 5 or 6 at the time and rode them all. He has one for every class they had. He even had a 500 Honda motorcycle converted to a trike. I will do what I can to get pics of these time machines. This guy is classy with money so I bet these trikes are in super condition..

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Salyer View Post
    I ran into a man I knew from the 80's the other day and asked him about his three wheeler pulling trikes from back then. He said he had them all in the barn just like he parked them in 1986. His son was 5 or 6 at the time and rode them all. He has one for every class they had. He even had a 500 Honda motorcycle converted to a trike. I will do what I can to get pics of these time machines. This guy is classy with money so I bet these trikes are in super condition..
    No frickin way dude THAT'S AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see them pictures!
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    Yea that would be cool to see
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Did you get any pics of the other bikes that were pulling? Were there any other just set up for pulling?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Did you get any pics of the other bikes that were pulling? Were there any other just set up for pulling?
    Are you asking me?

There were literally only 3 maybe 4 atv's all together there. I was disappointed at the turnout. I was the only one in the <300cc class and the only thing on 3 wheels there.

The other atv's were just stock. Most were over 650cc's with a few UTV's in the mix as well.

The tractors were decked out though. Some running alcohol.

I think if I had a chance to practice the technique of getting the sled rolling and get the front end weight and total weight up I probably could do pretty good in low gear range 1st or 2nd. I need a tachometer so I can judge rpms, down shift into 1st and hold it there, rev the motor up so it doesn't bog down and let off the shifter and hang on!
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    I wonder how the 250sx would do
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    At the pulls over here there are are around 20 or so bikes some times

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post

I think if I had a chance to practice the technique of getting the sled rolling and get the front end weight and total weight up I probably could do pretty good in low gear range 1st or 2nd. I need a tachometer so I can judge rpms, down shift into 1st and hold it there, rev the motor up so it doesn't bog down and let off the shifter and hang on!
    great technique if you wanna fix your tranny after every pull!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    great technique if you wanna fix your tranny after every pull!!
    I'm sure it's not good for it, but in my lack of experience I'm assuming it has a friction clutch that's engaged when you move the shift lever correct? Hence a semi-auto clutch? You can almost feather it too but it's not as easy as a hand lever.

Maybe not too good on the clutch plates?

Without a "true" manual clutch that's about the only option. You've got to get those rpms up, it won't get the sled moving if you try to start it on idle.

Maybe someone with more experience than me in pulling/pulling with a 3 wheeler can chime in here.
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    They had a atv pull at our local fair. Complete monsoon the morning of! The only pic in the paper of it???? Honda Big Red 200!! The paper is the Sullivan review. I highly doubt it is available online ,but worth a look I guess! Good job gixxer! An 8 inch victory is nonetheless a victory!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Ha! Thanks atc007. It was kinda comical I guess. Somewhat embarrassing too maybe but hey, whatever. I did wind up getting my check in the mail about a week ago. I won 10 bucks!!! WOOT!!! It was still worth it though I guess. I basically got paid to enter the pull by being the only one in the class.
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    There is a member on here, orangecnty250r, that has a picture of a Tiger 500 pulling set up. Pretty radical when you see it.
    Here's the pic Pat was talking about.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	288.5 KB 
ID:	203986
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

--
    Here are some vids I got of Jason "big specht" and his buddy pulling their 350x's. I wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have put them up then. These things mean business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXawJGsVi5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBhfvWLyjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCPDfegBJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRf7Y7EM9A

I have more but these are some of the best ones.
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trike.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	210614Found this Scan a while back and finally getting it to load and show. This is a 84 Tecate lowered with tractor weights on the rear grab bar. I wish you could see the sled as it was a scaled down version just like the big boys.

--
    Yea the some of the ones we pulled are like the big sleds self contained units (no pull back tractor).

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //