//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3wheeler in an ATV pull?

--

3wheeler in an ATV pull?

Not sure if this fits into the racing section or where it should go exactly. Mods, sorry if in wrong section.

Now, with the end of summer coming and fairs and carnivals in full swing, you are sure to either see or participate in truck/tractor/ATV pulls. My question is this. Anyone have experience entering a 3 wheeler in an ATV pull? Bad idea?

I was thinking of loading up the 200es and taking it to an event at the end of the month. I'm not sure what classes or rules and regulations they have yet but I shot the fair board an email so hopefully I'll know more of what the event will be like.

What say you 3WW? It's ok, you can tell me it's a stupid idea and to get ready to replace a clutch.
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    Back in the day dirt wheels even covered some atv pulls. I remember lots of 350x's being pulled. Just bring it and have fun.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	198432Click image for larger version. 

Views:	174 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	198433This is my pulling bike right now there is only me and my buddy that pull 3wheelers as for pulling a 200 around here you will be way out classed the smallest cc class they have it 500cc
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    I don't know why the second pic is up side down
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeline triker View Post
    Back in the day dirt wheels even covered some atv pulls. I remember lots of 350x's being pulled. Just bring it and have fun.
    I tried finding more examples of 3 wheelers pulling sleds down the track but couldn't find an awful lot. Seems like it'll either be a whole lot of fun or a short expensive day

Having never pulled before, what are some tips or tricks I should know about pulling? I'm guessing they'll split the riders up into classes and if that's the case I'll probably have to enter in a modified division. I'm currently running 22x11x9 kenda klaw rears on 3+6 offset rims, dg exhaust and K&N air filter.

Low range seems to be a given. Any ideas what gear to run in?

Tire pressure?

Hitch height?

Weight distribution?
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post

ID:	198433This is my pulling bike right now there is only me and my buddy that pull 3wheelers as for pulling a 200 around here you will be way out classed the smallest cc class they have it 500cc
    That looks like a lot of fun to saddle up!

Yea, I'm waiting to hear what classes they will have in this one. I've seen atv events before and most seem to be dominated by big can ams anymore
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    *UPDATE*

Got the information I was looking for about the event. Here is the link to the rules for the event...
    http://cptpa.yolasite.com/atvs.php

Looks like I'll be taking two different set ups along as well as tools and a canopy and entering in the 2WD stock 300cc and lower class and 2WD modified class with an aftermarket exhaust and offset rears. It's 6 bucks per entry. I'll probably get the bike weighed sometime this week and see how much weight I can add for each class. I'm guessing I could use as much weight as I can in the front end.

The rules on the above link state the atv must be a 4 wheel atv but I talked with the president of the club and he said I was allowed to run a 3 wheeled atv. I bet I'll be the only one.

I'll be sure to post up the videos of the pulls! Event is August 24th.
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    Whats the the address for that pull depends on how far it is we might drive over for it ??

--
    It's the grange fair. It's in Centre Hall, PA.

http://www.grangefair.net/index.php

Probably about 3.5 hours from ohio, would be cool to see a group of trikes roll up though!
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    ok... I got to say it... get a Taurus....

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post

bro!! thats frikkin sweet!! how many hp's you reckon your pulling? any idea?

thx, mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I report posts...
    Apparently it tortures more than my wife...LMFAO
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-phantombiker...feedback

85 Tri Z...sold
    85 350x sold
    84 200x sold
    85 250r...sexy as he!!

--
    That might be around 4.5 drive for us as for making the trip? Not sure yet . My bike is just a warmed up 350x 10.25/cam/porting / carb what really helps is having the bike set up right/weight. My buddy's bike is 502cc and turbo charged for now we will see how long it lasts lol

--
    There is a member on here, orangecnty250r, that has a picture of a Tiger 500 pulling set up. Pretty radical when you see it.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    I wish there was more of this going on I really want to build a old cr500 conversion

--
    Well I did it and there's good news and bads news.

Good news is, I won! I was the only competitor in the 0-300cc class though.

Bad news? The old 200es just didn't have enough gumption to move the sled very far. Wasn't sure what gear to start off in so I tried low range 2nd gear. Hooked up to the sled, dropped the throttle and she bogged right down. Hurried up and dropped to first gear in low range and she still wouldn't budge. Leaned forward to get the rear spinning and get the engine speed up and then leaned as far back as I could and rocked side to side and wound up getting 8 inches lol!

I really think even 300cc's would have had a tough time getting that sled moving. I think it was way too heavy for that class. They didn't know the weight but they estimated it weighed over a thousand pounds.

Oh well. Got into the fair for free, got a lot of 3 wheeler exposure, a lot of comments and even an offer to buy it! Haha!

I did win money for the event too, don't know how much but I think it's either the 6 dollars for the entry or not much more. They'll be sending me a check.

Maybe I'll just have to build one for next year.

Sorry, no videos. The ol' lady was taping from the end of the track so she couldn't really get a shot.
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //