//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone have a pet duck?

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I have a friend that has some geese that made his home their home. He gave me a few of their eggs, which were huge. One egg is about the size of 3 or 4 chicken eggs. Once I got up the nerve to eat them, I found them to be quite tasty. Given the size, they are also a fantastic way to increase my bad cholesterol, as if I need any help in that department.

--
    Not to make light of a Peking duck, but greenhumans post about Donald Duck made me think of this.
    http://youtu.be/tSnpWvmMDps
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    There was a member on here whos' family had a pet duck. The family made him a set of pants that held sort of a diaper and the duck was an indoor pet. The duck was very friendly and clean. I can't remember what they used as a diaper but they would change the duck a couple times a day. It was all very interesting to see a duck with a pair of pants and a diaper. The duck was super cool and very unique.
    Nicholson 500x (Project)
    Nicholson 185s
    Nicholson 110 (That takes an atc70 tank)
    Ascott 500 head/350x (Project)
    Homebuilt Racer Chromoly Suspension 110 (Ragin Runt)
    PK Racing Suspension 70
    A+ Inc Suspension 70
    AWS Aluminum 90 frame
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame rd350
    Hi Performance ATC Suspension frame 90

--
    WE have a number of ducks at our place. They really keep bugs down in the yard. Get it a kiddi swimming pool and really get some laughs. Ours follow my wife around waiting for her to dig worms for them.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeline triker View Post
    WE have a number of ducks at our place. They really keep bugs down in the yard. Get it a kiddi swimming pool and really get some laughs. Ours follow my wife around waiting for her to dig worms for them.
    Oh yeah, kiddie swim pool or garden pond insert and you'll get a charge watching him dive in one end and shoot out the other!

--
    I admit it, I clicked on this to see what the punch line was to "Anyone have a pet Duck?" lol I once saw Peking Duck, it was # 12 on the menu at Ming's Chinese Restaurant! ...lol

--
    On a little farm west of Riverdale Nebraska as a kid, my family had rented a farmhouse for $80 a month. The farmer we rented it from was a very gracious person, and he allowed us to explore and hunt on any of his pasture land, so long as we didn't mess with the cows. My dad and I picked up several abandoned baby wild animals out of the Wood River and brought them home for pets. Rabbit, possum, snapping turtle, paint turtles, box tortoise, black widow (not a baby), great horned owl (also not a baby)etc. etc.

My pet raccoon of two years was my favorite, but the two Wood ducks we brought home one day came in a close second, mostly because the amount of interaction and trainability. They are just entertaining, smile inducing animals!

--
    I like the duck that follows the owner when he jumps on the motorcycle
    and flys along side.
    Had to be discovery channel, or maybe it was a goose.
    At any rate, keep smiling.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    I like the duck that follows the owner when he jumps on the motorcycle
    and flys along side.
    Had to be discovery channel, or maybe it was a goose.
    At any rate, keep smiling.
    The downside is that the bike the guy was riding often fowled plugs. But he didn't let it get him down.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    The downside is that the bike the guy was riding often fowled plugs. But he didn't let it get him down.
    and once in awhile, while riding under a bridge, he felt he had to duck, even though he knew he really didn't have to, he just did it anyhow, he liked to say he was going quackers.
    But the best part of his rides was stopping at a roadside tavern to wet his beak and check out some local chicks while they shook their tail feathers! ok this has to stop!!! lol,lol,lol..

--
    I must say you guys are all softies I always imagine you guys as redneck/hillbillies that live in a swamp and hunt alligator lol I don't know why I must watch to many american tv shows!!
    anyway back on track I live on a lake so there are always ducks roaming around!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Just an update, Howard sure is getting along with us quite well. I found out from a friend of mine that Howard is a female, but she will still be Howard. It's funny to sit and watch a duck chase your dog around and then the dog will do a 180 and chase the duck, it's quite entertaining. Lol. I can't wait to start getting some eggs, evidently they have to be around 9 months old to lay eggs and then it should lay one per day.

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Ol Howard is laying eggs now, has been for a couple weeks. My daughter loves eggs for breakfast and couldn't wait to have Howard's egg. Lol. My daughter will be 3 in November, so having a duck is pretty exciting for her, we picked up another duck to keep Howie company, they are quite social critters. So now we have Howard and Daisy, daisy is a swedish black, she's not as friendly as Howard yet but she is young so we should be able to tame her a little. I still can't believe that I am kind of mesmerized by a darn duck. You can't help but watch them and smile, Howard is like a dog with feathers, she comes running up to you as soon as you walk outside. In the morning the wife and I both get walked to our vehicles, and when we get home from work there's a big white duck by your car door just waiting for you to get out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //