//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bent ATC250R Frame

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hall View Post
    Looks like a minor subframe tweek... Chain that baby down and pull it back straight..

Wow that came out pretty damn straight. Looks good. My buddy owns a body shop so he has all the tools and stuff to straighten frames. Might tKe it to him see what he says. He'd prob do it for free or a 12 pack

--
    And I have already replaced the pegs. Changed those out this weekend along with the rear axle

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Been there myself..exact same bend. IMO a porta power kit works very well. You can rent one at Autozone.
    Take the airbox out and place a treated 2x4 or even 2 stacked if you can, across the lower rails above the swingarm pivot. Wrap the left rear top frame with a hard piece of thick rubber and or wedge another piece of strong wood into the contact point. Place the porta power ram on the 2x4 on the right side foot peg area of the frame against the block of wood, then run the other end to the top left sub frame where the down tube is welded to the left top rail. Then pump the porta power a little past where it looks straight. You will need to go over the straight position to re train the metal to rest straight. Just go a little at a time and make sure you are not denting your tubes or splitting the wood. Doing it this way helps keep the sub frame square while reforming it by making it re-bend at all 4 points evenely. The main thing is to push against something that wont dent the frame tubes, where the pressure points are. So make sure you use real hard rubber or wood spacers and monitor closely for damage/denting while applying the pressure.
    Last edited by Mosh; 08-27-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Again frames are cheap to buy . Less headaches . Good luck.

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Buy another one, I know it sucks but if you have a title on that take it to a scraper get some money from that and buy another. I am also from SD area and that is where I get most of my stuff. Drive to El Cajon on saturdays people always having garage sales and I have seen plenty of ATC frames throughout El Cajon!!
    Good luck i know you will find one quick and have your buddy pony up some $$$$$ since he did damage

--
    strip it. send it to HRE have it straightened and gusseted up and powercoated then go ride again.

--
    What company is this HRE ??

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Aside from this thread being 11teen years old.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old_thread.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	268223

HRE website:

http://www.hreatv.com/custombuiltparts.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Blowing off the dust... Choke and a cough..

Thanks!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //