//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Interest? - Wire Harness Reproduction

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    I took a quick peek on ebay, and it looks like there is two styles used for the CDI plugs, the single plug 6 pin connector that I can't find a source on, and the 2 plug 4+2 style connector that is common through present. If yours is the single 6 pin connector, I'll need at least the connector sent to me to reuse the outer shell/holder of the pins as long as it is in good shape. I can get the rest of the connectors new.
    I could do that. I have a extra old harness that I could use the connector from.
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 250rRoostmaster View Post
    I could do that. I have a extra old harness that I could use the connector from.
    Since you have a spare harness, could you send it to me so I can copy it the same way Honda built it? The other option is to measure each section of the wire, but it won't be quite as accurate.

Back to the 82 harness, Dirtweed desided to go with the tubing, so the vinyl wrapped harness is for sale here:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-Wire-Harness

--
    [QUOTE=ps2fixer;1330467]Since you have a spare harness, could you send it to me so I can copy it the same way Honda built it? The other option is to measure each section of the wire, but it won't be quite as accurate.

Sure can, i have no use for it at the moment!!
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    Does anyone know the difference between the 81 and 82 250r wire harness? They are different part numbers, but use the same part diagram.

I'm going to be ordering some new harness tubing in high gloss as another option mainly for looks.

--
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I did some clearing out in my work area to get a better setup for making the harnesses. I also have an idea on a better "peg board" setup instead of just using nails. I'll post some pics if it works out well.

Finally, I have been searching for some companies that specialize in making harnesses in low quantity bulk to get an idea if that route would be better than doing everything 100% myself. I'll have to make up a CAD drawing of the harness design to be able to get an accurate quote, so that might take a bit as I'm pretty new with CAD.

I didn't get a chance to research the 81 vs 82 250r harness yet, I would like to say they interchange, but maybe a wire section is shorter on one or something like that.

--
    the 81 had the kill switch on the throttle housing and the headlight switch on the left side of the bars. 82 had kill/light switch combo (like 185S) on left side of the bars. thats the only difference between the two harnesses

--
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    the 81 had the kill switch on the throttle housing and the headlight switch on the left side of the bars. 82 had kill/light switch combo (like 185S) on left side of the bars. thats the only difference between the two harnesses
    Great info. By chance do you know if any of the connections changed? I looked at some photos again and I can see the headlight wire comes out of the harness a bit different, but the cluster of connections I can't find any good photos on.

--
    Update for today, I figured out a different process, and so far it seems much faster to get the correct lengths of wire cut and held in place. Before I was fighting the other wires to measure new ones and comparing colors with the oem harness in the mix. You can see my super great art too!

Sorry the photos are not the greatest, using a cellphone instead of a real camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140911_225341.jpg   20140911_232104.jpg  

--
    Great info. By chance do you know if any of the connections changed? I looked at some photos again and I can see the headlight wire comes out of the harness a bit different, but the cluster of connections I can't find any good photos on.
    cant remember off the top of my head. i tucked away a couple 81 throttles, headlight switches, and i think a wiring harness. i'll dig em out tomorrow and will snap some shots and send them over

--
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    cant remember off the top of my head. i tucked away a couple 81 throttles, headlight switches, and i think a wiring harness. i'll dig em out tomorrow and will snap some shots and send them over
    Wonderful, I can compare them with my 82 harness since I haven't installed it back in my machine yet.

--
    I fully support this and I'll be promoting this to a front page article tomorrow in hopes it gets you more business. Thank you for your time and effort in reproducing such a major component.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    I fully support this and I'll be promoting this to a front page article tomorrow in hopes it gets you more business. Thank you for your time and effort in reproducing such a major component.

Thank you for the acknowledgement and the efforts to get me more business! Do you need a quality photo for the article?

I have been talking to my dad about getting him trained and have him help me make the harnesses if I somehow get swamped.

--
    Thank you for the acknowledgement and the efforts to get me more business! Do you need a quality photo for the article?

I have been talking to my dad about getting him trained and have him help me make the harnesses if I somehow get swamped.
    It would be best, as all I am going on right now is one of the photos you provided on page 2, but it is not necessary. If need be I'll wait and put it up sometime Sunday if you want to provide a better photo as I'm not sure when I'll be able to get online and swap them over before it goes live; and I would want to get it up before tomorrow. At the moment I have it scheduled for Sunday afternoon, so if you can get it to me before hand that would be great.

--
    I'll get my real camera out and take some real photos. I'll post them up here so others can see everything much better. I have a 350x harness I just about have done (wired up on the board) so I'll target finishing it up today when I get home from work and take photos along the process.

--
    I'll get my real camera out and take some real photos. I'll post them up here so others can see everything much better. I have a 350x harness I just about have done (wired up on the board) so I'll target finishing it up today when I get home from work and take photos along the process.
    Sounds good, thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //