//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Any Interest? - Wire Harness Reproduction

--
    Sorry for the double post, what's the deal with 200X's? I noticed you don't have them listed but most everything else, and X's are arguably one of the most common machines. Any chance?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by slashfan7964 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, what's the deal with 200X's? I noticed you don't have them listed but most everything else, and X's are arguably one of the most common machines. Any chance?
    It is one of the machines I missed, There is also 200m and such, so I added the x to the list to research .

Here are the higher quality photos from an actual camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1241.jpg   DSCN1242.jpg   DSCN1243.jpg   DSCN1245.jpg   DSCN1247.jpg  

--
    Thank man. I'll use those for sure.

--
    this is a great thing you're doing!!
    in the future I would be interested in 1st gen 200x, 2nd gen 200x, 200es 82 r, and maybe some other but in a few months i would be up for a couple at least the 1st gen x wiring harness but I just can't afford it yet lol
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Updated first post with a much easier to read list of the harnesses and researched a ton of models/years. The year ranges are based on part number, so some years might overlap due to small changes that don't effect interchangeability.

Anyone have a ATC70 light kit? Of what I can see, I can reproduce the harness no problem, but the problem is getting one to copy. I can copy the harness with out damage to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    this is a great thing you're doing!!
    in the future I would be interested in 1st gen 200x, 2nd gen 200x, 200es 82 r, and maybe some other but in a few months i would be up for a couple at least the 1st gen x wiring harness but I just can't afford it yet lol
    I'll need exact years as the harnesses change quite often. Thanks for the positive reinforcement, been a lot of work, but things should smooth out once I'm done researching and get most templates made .

--
    This just goes to show how much passion there is for these "Banned Machines". Keep up the good fight!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rdonald1979 View Post
    This just goes to show how much passion there is for these "Banned Machines". Keep up the good fight!
    I'm fighting! lol

I think I have all of the Honda ATC models listed now. Looks like there are two evil connectors that hold me up from making the first page all green.... the 6 pin round cdi plug, which I'm pretty sure can be adapted to the 2 plug 2+4 cdi plug, but a suitable cdi has to be found per machine, and the 250es/sx's pulser connector.

According to this post, the 85 250es can be adapted to the 2 plug cdi and use a new cdi from an 86-87 big red.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...63#post1248363

I'll work on getting Yamaha and the other 3 wheeler brands listed up that were mass produced as I get time. The more rare models I'll place in the custom harnesses since there probably isn't enough people needing them to justify the effort until someone wants one. Also to be clear, I can do quad harnesses as well, but right now my main focus is 3 wheelers.
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 09-13-2014 at 03:12 PM.

--
    Made a couple more templates today. 1985 ATC250R and ATC90 (based on my 1978 harness). The ATC90 ones will be pretty cheap priced since they are quick to build, the template only took me around 30 mins to setup! I had to get the multi meter out though as the green/black wires are not all the same connection. Kind of a strange setup, but I'm sure Honda has their reasons.

I'm waiting for an order of larger sized heat shrink to come in before I get some harnesses finished. Have 2x 350x prepped, the 85 atc250r for 250rRoostmaster, and one atc90 harness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1252.jpg   DSCN1253.jpg  

--
    Sorry for no updates in a while, work has been pretty killer this week so far. Tomorrow I'm going on a work related trip (last minute like normal).

Anyway for updates the following items showed up high gloss pvc harness tubing, large order of vinyl tape (20 rolls), large sized heat shrink (might be slightly too big for some spots on the harnesses). I'll be assembling harnesses as I can make time.

Thanks for everyone's interest so far, and hopefully before long I can get some solid feedback about them .

--
    If I have the CDI plugs for the 85 and 86 250r you can make the harness? I have 2 hacked up 86 harnesses and an 85 harness.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Steve_Man View Post
    If I have the CDI plugs for the 85 and 86 250r you can make the harness? I have 2 hacked up 86 harnesses and an 85 harness.
    Yes, for me to make the 1985 atc250r harness I will need your old one with a good cdi plug (just the plastic part of it). As for the 86, I can get all the components new. From the limited research I have done, quite a few machines with the round cdi plug (85 r in your case) can be upgraded to the new style cdi plug if you replace the cdi as well. Most likely the 86 cdi box would work on an 85, but I have not researched it. The plug can be changed at a later date as well, I was planning to make a write up about the "correct" way to upgrade the harnesses with a few low cost parts/tools.
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 09-17-2014 at 09:51 PM.

OKSTATE#1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Just saw all this. Helluva deal! Dang...if I still had my 86 250ES all in pieces I would have gone this route fo sho. I had to do some repairs, but I wished I would have just changed out the whole damn show.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    hey can you do the headlight pig tail for the 84/85 tecate

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oile View Post
    hey can you do the headlight pig tail for the 84/85 tecate
    Could you post/pm me some photos of the highlight lead wire harness? It looks like it uses the standard H4 highlight plug, if so I can remake them for around $20.

According to this page, it looks like Kawasaki still makes this part -> http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detai...6011-4011.html

--
    Here are photos for Dirk D.

Update for this thread, I'm on vacation now (from work), and plan to really get some stuff done. I also placed an order for a new crimper tool to make battery cables from small to very large (like EV battery bank sized) lugs. I'll have to play around with it some, but my toyota pickup could use a new battery cable lug crimped on it, so I can put the two wires together, instead of having it semi-rigged with 2 cables. This would be mainly targeting the 250es/250sx battery cables, but I know other models use batteries as well.

Also got another shipment of wire in, I ran out of brown, that won't happen for a while now since I bought 100ft instead of 25ft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1355.jpg   DSCN1356.jpg   DSCN1357.jpg   DSCN1358.jpg   DSCN1359.jpg   DSCN1360.jpg  

DSCN1361.jpg   DSCN1362.jpg   DSCN1363.jpg   DSCN1365.jpg  
    Last edited by ps2fixer; 09-20-2014 at 08:28 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //