//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Freshening up the garage

--
    Vinyl flooring is an option although it can be very slippery when wet but a cost effective option none the least.

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Just got done ordering parts to fix my craftsman garage door opener. Got a bunch of stuff moved back inside tonight. There's a lot of smaller items in the back room of the house that will eventually go on the shelves I'll be putting up within the next month. Still have to get a thermostat for the heater to make sure it works. I was told it did by the previous owner but he was only here for 5 years and without a thermostat I'm not so sure he ever used it. Maybe it got busted off the wall or something, hard to tell. Decided against a mini fridge since the garage is attached to the kitchen anyway. Pretty short walk for a cold beverage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140907_230639.jpg   20140907_230753.jpg  
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    Got the garage door opener fixed this evening. There wasn't much left of the teeth on the plastic gear. Replaced that and lubed and adjusted everything up and got it working smoothly. Then i dragged my free tv out and set it up on my custom stand. Shelves and thermostat are next on the list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140914_225242.jpg   20140914_225218.jpg   20140914_225449.jpg  
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

--
    Well this post isn't entirely garage related but it's pretty close. Got a call from my dad yesterday that my aunt had a small china cabinet that she didn't have room for in her new apartment and that she wanted him to have it. It was my great great grandmother's. She got it as a wedding gift when she got married in 1911 at the age of 17. I was 9 when she passed away in 1995 at the age of 101. I can just remember her and I loved spending time with her. She was a wonderful person. So I met my dad at my aunt's apartment and we get it outside, set it on the sidewalk, and he walks over to my pickup and puts the tailgate down. I suggested to him that we load it in his truck since it's going to his house and he says "no its not, I want you to have it." It means a lot to me to have it in my home and it goes without saying that it will always remain in our family. After getting it wrapped up in blankets and in my truck we got a pizza and headed out to my dad's place. We're sitting there watching tv and eating and we get talking about the family homestead farm and the milk bottling they did. Not very many bottles remain with the family name anymore. We know of two that are in a collection outside the family and there were 12 that had gone missing over the years. Then we got talking about antiques and how my grandma and grandpa's house is just packed full. Both my dad and I inherited a fondness for old interesting items and furniture and he asks me if I know about the secret room in my grandparents house. It's a small room that was just dead space after an addition was put on the house. Grandpa had put a removable panel in a closet that is just big enough for my skinny butt to crawl through. It was meant as a kind of hideout so my dad could get away from his older sisters when he was 8 or 9. I said I remembered hearing of it and I remember him saying that he had a baseball card collection that had gone missing. I suggested that we go check it out. Got to their place, emptied out the closet, grabbed a flashlight and climbed inside. I start pushing box after box of forgotten Christmas decorations and wrapping paper out the tiny opening. I hear grandpa say "there's just a bunch of junk in there" as I shine my flashlight toward the back wall of the room finding forgotten boxes of antique tools from the family farm. I didn't say a word as I started handing stuff out the hole. I couldn't see my grandpa's face when my dad said, "hey dad, look at these!" I heard a muffled "holy sh!t" from my grandpa, "those came from our farm!" The last box in the very back corner was worth the hot dusty 45 minutes I had spent crouching in that cramped space. One by one I started handing each of the 12 milk bottles to my dad and I hear my grandpa start to cry. They had been in there for years, covered in dust, placed there for safe keeping and simply forgotten about. Never did find the baseball cards but found something a heck of a lot more valuable to my family. Needless to say, it was a day I'll remember for a long time. So to tie this whole story to my garage, my grandpa let me pick a few of the tools we had just pulled out to bring home with me. They will proudly be displayed either on a shelf or hanging on the wall in the garage. The picture shows the few items I chose on the floor in front of the china cabinet. See if you can figure out what they all are!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140922_012530.jpg  

Trikefest '15 '16

--
    Unless you've lived a Dairy Farmers life. You can't possibly understand the emotion Grandpa was trying to hold back. Great story!! Those bottles are treasure.. Garage looks great too.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Unless you've lived a Dairy Farmers life. You can't possibly understand the emotion Grandpa was trying to hold back. Great story!! Those bottles are treasure.. Garage looks great too.
    It was a truly awesome day for sure!

So I took today and tomorrow off work and got a lot accomplished around home. One accomplishment being heat in the garage. Wired up a new thermostat, lit the pilot, and it works beautifully!

Trikefest '15 '16

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //