//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Engine gurus I need your help YTM200EL

--

Engine gurus I need your help YTM200EL

I bought a YTM200EL that had sat since early 90s. I drained the gas and oil, rebuilt the carb and it ran beautifully...

After riding for a while it stalled out. Checked the carb and made some adjustments. Ran good again. Yesterday I went to start it and it smoked (white). Shut it off and breather is full of gas oil mix. When I shut it off a half cup or more of that mix (and quite aerated) comes flowing out of the carb.

I assume I am looking at head or piston issue? Thoughts? Suggestions?

--
    What's the spark plug looked like? If it's fuel fouled could it just be a crazy rich condition? When you rebuilt the carb, at what height did you set your float? I just was inside the carb on my 200e and if I remember right the correct height is 22mm. I'm thinking that if somehow the overflow tube was blocked and your float was allowing too much fuel in, it could back up into the airbox causing all sorts of crappy issues when it tries to get sucked back in with the air?

--
    Change your oil,and replace/adjust your inlet needle and seat for your fuel. Under your floats. Float stuck and flooded everything.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    can someone merge this with my other thread I created? I didn't look for it like I should have before creating the new one.

Does anyone know the proper adjustments for the inlet needle and seat?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce228 View Post
    can someone merge this with my other thread I created? I didn't look for it like I should have before creating the new one.

Does anyone know the proper adjustments for the inlet needle and seat?
    You mean your float height? I see 25mm for a VM22. Best check a manual and watch a youtube video. It's not hard to do, but you need to check it a couple times to make sure it's correct.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Overflow hose into the crankcase. Pisspoor design.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Overflow hose into the crankcase. Pisspoor design.
    Huh? Can you explain that?
    It sucks to get old

--
    I may have read the post wrong but I'm pretty sure that model has the crankcase breather vent routed through the intake system so in the event of an overflowing carb and faulty check valve on the overflow tube fuel flows freely into the crankcase and airbox. I may be wrong but that's what it sounded like to me. I do stand by my original statement whether that is the issue at hand or not. Deuce228, is that model chain driven?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I am going to pull the carb off and double check the pilot screw settings.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //