//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: bboyrise investing $85K to remake the Dunlop Kt577 tire

--
    Somethin strange... in the Neighborhood

Who you gonna call?

FABIO! he'll get to the bottom of this

--
    Mike, I imagine you've already checked out every possible place online. Are they just advertised and not available ?. Some of them say "out of stock" or "no longer available" but a couple went all the way through to checkout and to pay pal. I did not go through with the transaction,Cause I don't want them.
    I took mine (with about 70 percent tread) off my R because I don't like them. Much happier with the "Tech 4's" that I replaced them with. Do folks just wan't them for restoration?. Or am I just nuts.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    Mike, I imagine you've already checked out every possible place online. Are they just advertised and not available ?. Some of them say "out of stock" or "no longer available" but a couple went all the way through to checkout and to pay pal. I did not go through with the transaction,Cause I don't want them.
    I took mine (with about 70 percent tread) off my R because I don't like them. Much happier with the "Tech 4's" that I replaced them with. Do folks just wan't them for restoration?. Or am I just nuts.
    With many of the dicso parts and pieces for these trikes most online retailers will let you pay for them and then contact you that what you ordered is no longer available. I figure they do this to try to get you to buy something else or they simply cannot account for all the parts that go disco on a regular basis. A couple months ago I tried to buy some OEM front tires and paid online. About a month later with no update I called and was told they could get me something similar. Ironic thing was it was in the same "reported" location as bboy....Miami, FL.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    Or am I just nuts.
    Heck no! I consider most everyone to be nuts, and your not one of them.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    Somethin strange... in the Neighborhood

Who you gonna call?

FABIO! he'll get to the bottom of this
    I dunno, Fabio usually only gets involved when someone has been swindled. He may however make an exception, one could only hope.

Oh by the way manbearpig seems bboy was so excited he messaged you four times on the same day to tell you this amazing news about the cheetah hp577c high performance tire, that has the same performance and aggressive tread pattern as the OEM.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/member....g#vmessage4421

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm not an all seeing oracle, but I chatted with the guy some and he said they would be done in about the next 60 days or so. If the cost of doing it increased, I'm not really surprised (it'd be more of a red flag if it ended up being cheaper...)

And I don't know about the tpc, but I think it had been sold? I really have no idea though. Again, don't know the guy from adam, just conversed with him someone about it.

--
    Got another msg from bboyrise "Yes its for REAL.lol. its taken a while to get everything just right with the molding of this tire. Finally molding is done now we are manufacturing the tires."

--
    does this mean I should bust into the hoard and sell some of my NOS tires??

--
    local CL ad:
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mpo/4640462812.html
    I should have mentioned: It's NOT me & I'm NOT associated with it...
    Last edited by 3wheelrider; 09-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Previously Owned:
    1985 ATC 250R (261cc)- 38MM PWK QV/AS, VFORCE3, RPM TIMING ADV., FULL DG EXH, CLARKE WHITE TANK, DOUGLAS RED LABELS, PRM NERF BARS, + ALUM. PARTS
    1983 ATC 185S (186cc)- HI COMP., BASSANI HEADER, REAR DISC BRAKE CONV., '86 200X HUBS, ALUM. RIMS, DIRT DEVILS
    1982 ATC 185S (224cc)- PK WELD-ON KIT, PK CLAMPS, PK EXHAUST, SL90 SHOCKS, OIL COOLER, PCCC RIMS
    1981 ATC 185S
    1984 ATC 250R
    1981 ATC 250R
    1983 ATC 110
    1969 HONDA MINI TRAIL 50

TRIKELESS

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    does this mean I should bust into the hoard and sell some of my NOS tires??
    YeaH! to me for cheap ALDO!!

Honestly and this is just me but I absolutely love these tires. The look great, have just enough rounded edge and are 2 ply to give a much smoother ride than say the standard 4-6 ply holeshots and I think performance wise they work very well for all around ATC'ing in the woods , pits etc. ....LOVE 'EM!
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

--
    Also , maybe ( and I hope so) this is legit! I once spoke with a guy out west that owned a drop ship company for atv parts and we talked about the kt577a.....he said that tire basically kept his business afloat, said barley anybody cared about them out west but he used to ship full 18 wheeler containers of just that tire to the east bc they were super popular for road racing atv's. apparently they expanded just enough to a perfect size/traction unlike any other tire these racers were running or could find, pretty sure he said it was florida too where the scene was going on. Maybe this would have something to do with people being motivated enough to drop a buncha money to get the tire back. Anyway, just an interesting bit from my past. but if history repeats itself and it usually does, I wont hold my breath.
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Because every TPC could use a 30 year old reproduced tire.

Where do I send in my prepay?

Effn hilarious..Mike I am nuts...considered straight jacket crazy by one person even..
    However let me tell you first hand. If you are trying to convince certain folks something is a farce you will find some will use every , liberal based excuse to go against any sound evidence you or anyone else may provide.

I am sure the rest of us appreciate your detective work though.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    I have a set of the Ohtsu version on my 85 350X. When I rebuilt it a couple of years ago, I could still get them new. They're NLA now.

I love them on the X. I ride in sand mostly and they work great. I have paddles for the X but never felt the need to use them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

FYI: Uninflated Ohtsu left, Inflated Dunlop right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TiresOhtsuDunlopr.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	200834

I have the Dunlops on the R. They also work fine in the sand but I prefer my cheap paddles in the sand on the R.

--
    I hope this actually happens , would there have to be a whole new mold made to produce the 22's
    ??

--

1986 ATC500X
    1985 ATC250SX
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC250R
    1984 ATC250R
    1981 ATC70
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70
    Custom built ATC70 / 250R laydwon swap
    1986 ATC250SX FATCAT

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    However let me tell you first hand. If you are trying to convince certain folks something is a farce you will find some will use every , liberal based excuse to go against any sound evidence you or anyone else may provide.

I am sure the rest of us appreciate your detective work though.
    I'm sorry if my use of thought and logic to suggest the premise that we shouldn't pass judgement on someone wanting to do a special project at this early of a stage and possibly run them off is looked at as "a liberal based excuse". I've seen no calls for money or pre-orders here from the guy. I didn't want it to turn into a witch hunt - which it hasn't. There has been questions and considerations on the business savvy of making that investment (fine, fodder for the discussion) but I didn't like the tone it was taking of being a "scam" without knowing anything more than reading a guy spent $85k on re-popping something. If the guy had showed up here on first post asking for $300 a set pre-orders, then by all means, it'd be a different scenario.
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 09-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //