//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gsxr 600 engine for my KLT 250

--

Gsxr 600 engine for my KLT 250

Sooooo I seem to be the kinda guy that has to many irons in the fire lol. My little brothers girlfriend just got a new 750 engine for her 93 gsxr600. Well needless to say ive been itching to make a rear suspension for the klt and now looks like I'll be doing it and stretching the frame 4" to fit the gsxr engine. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

New2Tri-Z is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestATC View Post
    Anyone have any words of wisdom?
    Yes get a bible and a good helmet, your going to need it
    Currently Owned
    1986 Yamaha Tri-Z 350???
    1985 Honda ATC 70
    1985 Honda ATC 250R
    2006 Suzuki LTR450
    2005 Suzuki LTZ400
    2005 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 Polaris Predator 90
    2-Honda Trail 90's (need to be brought back)

Feedback Thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-New2Tri-Z

--
    You might as well replace the whole front end too. That stock front suspension won't help much with that kinda power plant.

--
    Leave it hard tail - like the old school RD trikes!

Is that GSXR engine water cooled? Just curious - I can't remember when they switched.

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    get some good insurance. health and life.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jb2wheels View Post
    Leave it hard tail - like the old school RD trikes!

Is that GSXR engine water cooled? Just curious - I can't remember when they switched.
    Water cooled. And I still can't figure out where the rad will sit. Maybe on the front cargo rack. I was hoping to find a kz650 engine sometime later to put in it but this one was free so here it goes. What's the bible for a tire chock? Insurance hahahahahahaha I'm a cook at Denny's. Good joke though. Lol and the front end I already replaced the front springs with a set of Honda rebel shocks a while ago and that made a world of a difference.

toki is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    pics or it didnt happen

--
    Water cooled. And I still can't figure out where the rad will sit. Maybe on the front cargo rack. I was hoping to find a kz650 engine sometime later to put in it but this one was free so here it goes. What's the bible for a tire chock? Insurance hahahahahahaha I'm a cook at Denny's. Good joke though. Lol and the front end I already replaced the front springs with a set of Honda rebel shocks a while ago and that made a world of a difference.
    I'd say you're set since you have a set of Rebel shocks on it already.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by toki View Post
    pics or it didnt happen
    Lol this always happens.. Which is why I take pics of the things I work on lol

There is a jig on the other side of the garage to get it all strait. I need to get the tubing and gussets made for the motor mounts and frame stretch then I'll start on fabbing a swinger. The engine needs to be set back quite a bit more this was just to help everyone's visual aid. I have a rear shock from a Honda foretrax for the rear but if it's to stiff or not enough travel I can swap to the one from my old Yamaha 125 mono cross. I'll probably be using the later of the 2 though.

--
    Here you can see the original wimpy springs(not shocks). I can compress these by hand almost 2". In the other pics you can tell clearly how many more coils on the springs and they are actually shocks. The front use to buck going down the road at speed but after the shock swap it rides nice and smooth no bucking. The rebel shocks are on the lowest and softest preload setting. I can take a side by side if anyone would like?

toki is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Lol this always happens.. Which is why I take pics of the things I work on lol
    :o oooh touche! nicely done lol! gonna have to get creative with the radiator... front rack? under seat/above rear axle maybe? more progress and more pics! this is gonna be nuts! I would keep the plastics and everything the same... rat rod death machine from hell lol.

p.s. i have a kz650 just chillin in my garage :P but i live in wisconsin.

--
    Seeing it all stretched out got me thinking, drag bike?

--
    I was going to lay a small rad on the front or I also have a set of side mount rads from a water cooled 2 stroke dirt bike as well. It's going to be a lot of trial and error. The 600 engine is also 2" taller and I'll have to raise the seat height slightly. I'm going to do my best to keep the stock plastics. Stock air box is a no go and I will be making a log style plenum to replace it. The engine also has a 520 chain conversion which make the swap easier and the rear sprockets on both the bike and trike are the same tooth count. Which just so happens to be 10 more than stock lol. The tire heights are the same as well so it should be easily able to run to 120mph and still have the low gear grunt to get you over obsticales or just blow the tires right off at will lol. This is going to be a long project but I will keep you all updated with pics.

--
    HOLY 120mph hang on!!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    So, you cut a klt250 in half, and set a motor in between the halves. Not bad for a short order cook. Only about 3 grand away from a decent rider that has even a hint of safety in mind.

A for Ambition, but if that thing ever runs and drives I'll eat my hat. I beg you to prove me wrong.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //