//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 honda 250sx need help ASAP!

--

1985 honda 250sx need help ASAP!

Im going to look at a 1985 250sx tomorrow and the guy says it wont shift, but every once in awhile they can get it to shift what would cause this?

--
    Bent or broken shifter detent spring pin under the stator cover OR a bent shift shaft. Easy to replace.

--
    I bought a machine like this... and here is half of what I found, the other half was the primary clutch worn out, and the part I didn't find is the shift lever still won't return to center, but manually returning it, it works fine (pin is good in my case). Guessing bent shaft. Anyway photo fun .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140519_204117.jpg  

--
    Thanks for the quick replies guys! Sounds like its a good deal still for $100!

--
    Hell, if it didn't even have an engine it would be worth it lol, like 2-3 parts become $100 pretty quick!

--
    I'll be sure to get you guys lots of pictures tomorrow as long as the deal goes as plan!

--

--
    SCORE! lol and after checking it out it will upshift but not down shift.

--
    YOU STOLE IT!

Looks to be an extremely easy machine to make into a really nice rider. I'm seeing tank (if it bugs you), front fender, and fix the shift "basket" thing I posted photos of (I'm pretty sure that is the problem) and be good to go under $300 easy.

I'd say get a full engine gasket kit and a carb kit so you have basically anything you will ever need gasket wise.

--
    Yeah man, that's a lot of SX for the money, congrats. I agree with the above comment, that's gunna take very little to clean up and make into a very nice trike.

--
    A hundred bucks? WOW!

Looks to have new shoes all around too. 3 new tires for 100 doll hairs is a steal itself!!!
    '84 200ES
    '85 250SX
    μολὼν λαβέ

--
    I just noticed, the right side cover looks to be missing bolts?! If you need some misc small parts, I might have some around for a good price. No tank or fender though.

--
    yea missing a few bolts and needs tail light lens and the right brake lever the gas tank looks clean inside so idk if there was a dent and they were trying to fix it with bondo or what. He said he had a mechanic look at it and he said some shifter part was bent.

--
    Oh and even has the original tools!

--
    I'll check my pile of parts and see if I can locate anything. I'm pretty sure I don't have the taillight, but I might have the brake lever, or honda might even offer them up new yet. The shift shaft I do have and bottom end bolts.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //