//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: catch a tiger by the toe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kaymo View Post
    i never said i WOULDNT sell it to ya! haha just havent decided yet. I have been meaning to call you its just been crazy around here. I think i may have lost your other number in the deleted thread, so you can PM me if you didnt PM it to me already (you may have i might have forgotten)

I would like to thank everyone in my new thread. this is more like it!

I know i upset a few folks talking about modifying this machine to put a different engine in it, but I spoke to someone who had ridden a machine with the mighty 500 on it and described it as a hard to start vibrating monster that was just itching to throw you off if you touched the throttle the wrong way. I am not a 2 smoker fan to begin with, i enjoy electric start as well as 4 stroke torque on demand and the ability to putt around

that being said, i may end up putting an engine in it because i want to ride this beast but dont feel the need to restore it original or have 500ccs on tap. now if i find one for a good deal i know it will increase its value and wouldnt pass it up but im not going to stress myself about it either way.

right now im just going to clean it up, park it in my shop and finish other things to get them out of the way for more important projects such as this.

again thank you all for the nice clean new thread. lets keep it up!

No big deal I have too many projects already.

What you might think about is getting is a 500cc Rotax 4 stroke with electric start motor in it because that's what I was working on at the factory before I went back to Powroll. I had sent a 350 motor to them to build it to a 500 because it was lighter.

So you could build the only Future Tiger 500!

--
    If your going with a Tiger from the future.Why not some new style 40mm inverted dirt bike forks?Maybe you could use your current triples even?You were planning on riding it correct?Worth looking into at least.Be pretty cool to own a resto mod Tiger 500.I would keep the 500cc power plant.Sure you could have it upgraded some how.
    Last edited by jays375; 09-13-2014 at 02:08 PM.

--
    Hey Mickey, Could you shoot me your phone #. The other thread was deleted with it in it!
    Wikipedia "All Terrain Vehicle" Definition excerpt
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

--
    Other smaller or lesser known companies, such as Tiger ATV, Franks, and Cagiva, produced racing three wheelers, but in much smaller numbers. Few of these machines are known to exist today and are highly sought by collectors.

Check out my Tiger 3 wheeler Webpage..my quest for a TIGER MUSEUM started 2004 http://sites.google.com/site/tigerrotax/home

Rides: TIGER Factory line up, Tricky Dicks Cagiva 200, 4- Franks 3 and 4 Wheelers

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by jays375 View Post
    If your going with a Tiger from the future.Why not some new style 40mm inverted dirt bike forks?Maybe you could use your current triples even?You were planning on riding it correct?Worth looking into at least.Be pretty cool to own a resto mod Tiger 500.I would keep the 500cc power plant.Sure you could have it upgraded some how.
    That's what I'm sayin! Inverts, a good strong rear shock (custom elka or fox float), but keep the Rotax mill
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    Most newer 4 stroke engines are going to have the output shaft on the left side. That would require changing the sprocket and brake setup around on the Tiger.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecnty250r View Post
    Hey Mickey, Could you shoot me your phone #. The other thread was deleted with it in it!

814-842-6159 3-6:00 pm Mon-Fri. est.

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    yes ive already looked at all the challenges im going to face with putting a different motor in. the only thing i havent done yet is start measuring. I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so im going to start collecting parts i know ill need like a front fender, brakes etc.

mickey i would love to build the future 500 do you happen to have that motor lying about i could get off ya? no seriously though i could probably live with it being a 2 stroke. i just understand that the powerbands are usually kinda psycho on 2 strokes.

either way its going to be a long process. ive got a lot of other irons that have been in the fire so long they've probably melted. back to work i go

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    It depends on what engine it is and how it's built, piped and carbed. Like, you can take a CR80, port it to hell and back, drop the compression, pull the exhaust port way up, and throw a drag pipe on it and it'll hit harder than any 250R you've ever seen. But in the same token,, you can take something like a banshee that's known for it's huge hit, and carb it down, put a 2-1 pipe, and drop the cylinders to get the compression way up and the port timing down, and you'll get a real mild power delivery. It'll still yank your arms out but not all at once LOL

IMO the Rotax 500 is a very mild and gentle beast vs something like the 490 Maico's of the time.
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kaymo View Post
    yes ive already looked at all the challenges im going to face with putting a different motor in. the only thing i havent done yet is start measuring. I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so im going to start collecting parts i know ill need like a front fender, brakes etc.

mickey i would love to build the future 500 do you happen to have that motor lying about i could get off ya? no seriously though i could probably live with it being a 2 stroke. i just understand that the powerbands are usually kinda psycho on 2 strokes.

either way its going to be a long process. ive got a lot of other irons that have been in the fire so long they've probably melted. back to work i go
    Hey did you get the email I sent you regarding the front fender, I haven't heard back from you

--
    So I've seen you listed it on craigslist...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    So I've seen you listed it on craigslist...
    Yeah I saw that on one of the Facebook groups earlier.

--
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont do it
    2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2004 Kawasaki KFX700 V Force
    1985 Suzuki LT230GE(wifes toy)
    1985 Honda ATC 70
    1979 Honda ATC 70 (daughters toy)

--
    I don't mean to cause trouble, but it rubs me the wrong way when you have all these collectors here on 3ww that will bring it back to life and would snatch it up in a heartbeat, and you say no. You say you will put in the work and shell out the money and do it yourself. Which is fine, by all means. But then you list it on CL? Any explanation for that?

This reminds me of another machine that keeps popping up on here...

robertc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I don't remember what day the original thread was started, but the craigslist ad below was originally placed 21 days ago, updated 9 days ago.

http://hickory.craigslist.org/snw/4641090971.html
    1986 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 250SX
    1987 Big Red
    1984 ATC 70
    1983 ALT 50

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //