//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Decided I dont like 3 wheelers

Crazyktmmatt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Decided I dont like 3 wheelers

Went for a ~40 mo ride with the BR today. Came to the conclusion that I dont like 3 wheelers as much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0914141847.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	625.9 KB 
ID:	201102

Was messing around on a small trail and went over a log and the rim hit the ground. Wtf?!

Yep 2 " hole in the middle of the tire.

I rode it 1/2 mi or so threw the creek 4 times plus to get to the main rode. Then since i was screwing around, I was behind everyone else now. Doah .... Im usually 5-20 min ahead of everyone

I rode for over 3 mi on a front flat - LOTS of fun I tell ya...... Then a hunter seen me and gave me a ride back.

So much for having a spare tire.

Now I'm thinking of getting rid of the BR and getting something that rides nicer.

--
    What does hang a flat tire have to do with how much you like a machine or how it rides? Flat tires happen to everything. If you ask me that's a pretty piss poor excuse to write off a machine. Might as well write off cars and quads and bikes and planes while your at it and stick to trains and boats for transportation

--
    So you get a little 'real world' and next thing you know the tears are streaming....lol. Ya it sounds like power sports in general may not be your cup of tea, especially if a simple flat tire gets you down. Quads don't carry spares either. Big reds are not trail bikes they are farm equipment. Get a 350x, maybe with solid rubber tires, lol.

--
    Is there more to this story than just a flat tire?
    85 350x
    85 Tri-z

--
    I went on a group ride with TRUPA this weekend (big trike group from PA) and on my way home my van got a flat tire 2 hours from home. Called my mom to come pick me up, got home about 3am.

I decided im gonna quit driving. Maybe burn the van. Buy a street legal trike and join a motorcycle "club".

But seriously the spare tire wouldn't release. The part that holds the spare in was rusted shut. An hour later of beating the piss out of it and a cop didn't even know what to do I just left it there. Now I'm on my way for surgery and won't be able to drive for a few days so it'll probably be towed.

Your driving on a 30+ year old 2 ply tire. I carry a tire repair kit because I expect it to happen on my oem tires. Plan to fail.

--
    you know this is a stupid thread you just said you don't like 3wheelers on a 3 wheeler forum because you got a flat tyre!! you are gonna get tons of about this!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    you know this is a stupid thread you just said you don't like 3wheelers on a 3 wheeler forum because you got a flat tyre!! you are gonna get tons of about this!!
    I think that's what he's after......
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    A real man would have just wheelied home.

--
    your the one who chose to run oldschool 2 ply tires. they are really only goof doe a smooth hard pack service road.

--
    Should have got some run flats..

Trail Pros!!
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

--
    Sorry, but I would recommend using the ATC250ES oem OHTSU tires on a 200ES BIG RED, they are very dependable and fit prefectly! Sad they are discontinued but maybe you can get some from members or ebay.
    Last edited by honda200x1987; 09-15-2014 at 09:13 PM.

matt3x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    First thought I had after reading your post was the Geico commercial "I have a flat tire". Pretty annoying/funny commercial. Instead of bashing you, I'll try to help out a little. Looks like you only joined the forum a month or two ago, and are probably somewhat newer to trikes in general as it sounds.

It sounds like you might be looking for something with rear suspension if you want it to ride "nicer". I'm assuming by "ride nicer" you want it to take the bumps and bruises a little easier on the trails. I would suggest looking into a 250SX or 250ES. They have both front and rear suspension, and are a lot more enjoyable to ride through trails and over logs than a hard tail such as your 200 big red. Your 200 big red is more of a workhorse for around the farm, yard, etc.

Just my 2 cents! Good luck!

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I feel ya man. I was out on a nice On Any Sunday kinda ride yesterday. My LT and my 350X out burnin down the sand and trails. Great day until we stopped for a rest. Then the kicker wouldn't fold out on the X for about 10-15 minutes and it was starting to rain. Anyway,, decided I don't like trikes anymore because of some random thing happening. All my trikes are for sale now so I can get something that's fool proof and will never have a common problem: I'm getting a new Lazy-Boy! LOL
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

Crazyktmmatt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    WOW lots of butt hurt here...... Didn't know there was a day I couldn't like my 3 wheeler. It happens with any machine.

Far as tires go front was fairly new, and the turf busters came on it.

So what Im new here, been riding 3 wheelers longer then alot of people here, about 25 years already at that.

For some reason I havent liked this big red since the day after I got it - Its been one of those machines. Been trying to trade it for a 200x and buy maybe a 250es.
    Plus I have 3, 70's

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Hey I was agree-ing with you. I had nothing BUT trouble out of my 200ES. It would randomly lose spark for a month,, then start firing perfectly again. No matter how many grounds I checked, stators I changed, coils and CDI's. Nothin. Something about the 200ES just rubs me the wrong way.
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //