//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 08 klx450r

--

08 klx450r

I figured i'd share some pics of my new favorite thing ever. I found this a couple weeks back on craigslist in southern Virginia, showed the ad to Jason Hall who gave me his blessing so i put some cash down on it. The seller was one of the nicest people i've ever met, he held it for two weeks, gave me a ton of extras and burned me a disk with the service manuals. The bike has a rekluse z start pro, steering stabilizer, tuned suspension, upgraded charging system, emission delete, larger tank, and a ton of other small mods. I absolutely love it. The rekluse and electric start make it rediculously easy to ride. Id have no problem putting my wife it. Not one to leave anything alone, i already have some parts ordered up. A kfx450 seat and subframe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0912141524.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	201123
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0912141525.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	201124
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    If your gonna make it a 3wheeler I'd be willing to take the front fender off it.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 09-21-2016 at 01:20 PM.

--
    I think im going to keep all the dirtbike parts but if i dont ill let you know
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

Buck Snort is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Very nice! I have a 09 KLX 450 and I love it. It is stock but I do plan on adding a few goodies. The recluse and exhaust are first priority.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03610.JPG  

--
    The seller gave me the stock exhaust with the bike and the muffler has to weigh 25lbs. Not exagerating. I think he put a kx450f exhaust on it and blocked off the air injection.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    The rekluse and electric start make it rediculously easy to ride.
    Do you ride any steep slopes? Just wondering what that clutch is like when you chop the throttle, or engine brake going downhill. I'd love to get one, but I'm already boiling my brake fluid coming down mountains and I fear a clutch like that would make it worse. The one guy who told me there would be no issues also sells them, so I'd rather hear it from someone like you.

PS. I rode one of those with a 5??cc kit on it last year, WOW!!!

--
    The clutch stays engaged when engine braking as long as you dont pull the lever. If you pull it and release it you freewheel until you hit the gas and it engages again. This one is all stock internally and its incredible. I know it doesnt but it feels like.it has twice the power of my old kx500 because the traction is so much better. Did the electric start handle that 5?? engine well?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    The clutch stays engaged when engine braking as long as you dont pull the lever. If you pull it and release it you freewheel until you hit the gas and it engages again. This one is all stock internally and its incredible. I know it doesnt but it feels like.it has twice the power of my old kx500 because the traction is so much better. Did the electric start handle that 5?? engine well?
    No issues starting it at all. It make the EX450 I rode just before seem weak. Thanks for the clutch info, that makes sense of what I'd been told.

--
    One more thing i forgot to add, this has the z start pro, the z start i was told doesnt let you use your clutch lever normally like the pro does. I thibk they changed the model names now so you'll have to look into which one you want

--
    It has twice the USABLE power of a kx500,,, peak horsepower is only one way to rate engine performance.

Awesome bike!!!!!!!!!! The best off road bike out there if you ask me.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //