//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the new 86 workhorse!! (plow pics added)

--

the new 86 workhorse!! (plow pics added)

snatched this off of craigslist for 6 hundred on sunday! Got it from gentlemen who purchased it from his buddy who was the original owner. Other than it looks like it spent a good bit of time outdoors, it is in excellant shape. Everything is super tight, and she runs great. Muffler is full of pinholes at the seam,and the seat cover has seen better days, but we'll fix that up. Got all the fluids changed, she is ready for work. I may or may not change out the turf busters! Got a nice ohtsu for the front, and some mudsharks for the rear, or some knobbies.
    Dude told me a guy came and looked at it for an hour on saturday, then offered him 350.00! I was pretty happy for 6 hund
    I plan to do some lucious fall riding on it, then gonna mount up the plow, and some tire chains for the winter!

Never realized the 86-87 models also had a heat gaurd on the front fender in addition to the headpipe. It clearly serves the purpose. All my 85 flaps are in some stages of melt!!
    Last edited by aldochina; 09-22-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: title update

--
    Nice find! Such a great machine!

--
    Great score Rory!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Yet another stolen (I mean $600... REALLY?) Big Red. The plastics look great, as does most of the machine. Nice score!!!

honda4h is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i have never seen a heat guard on the flap

--
    That was a buy for sure!Good Score!

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I saw that listed for $700, If I was back home I would have snagged it the 3-4 days ago when it was posted. Nice looking machine for sure!

--
    I called this dude on like a wednesday, but of course our scheduales oppose. I called again on sat just before i deleted the message from my phone, guy called back and said everyone wants to trade or lowball, i said I would be there in the am with cash. Cant believe no one would bite on it before me! Then again I sure do have a soft spot for bigreds. I now have all iterations, 83,84,85,86!

--
    hate the front tire after a bit of riding, that will be going !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    hate the front tire after a bit of riding, that will be going !
    great score, i snagged three '85 big reds earlier this year and i'm very happy with them, had to sell my '84 200 red to make room and will most likely sell one of the '85's after switching out some parts from one to another, about those turfbusters, i bought one wheeler that had them on it and hated them as well, they pack with mud quickly and wear unevenly as well, standard knobbys work better than turfbusters IMO.............
    Last edited by bigred22; 09-17-2014 at 06:09 AM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Awesome Rory! Congratulations my man!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    nice!! good for you pal. score and a half for that $$ .
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    Awesome score. I wish I hadn't of sold my 85. I still drool over your 84 everytime I see a pic of it.

OKSTATE#1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I paid 900 for an 86 that wasn't even in that good of shape. Its in WAAAY better shape now lol....I would show pics, but I feel like I have been a pic whore with my trikes as it is....they are on my profile lol.

Seriously, if you wanted to....that thing could be looking new in no time. I did my 86 resto in a little over a month. Now that's not rebuilding any mechanicals really other than a few bearings, just sanding, painting and polish.

There's a few pro ams for sale on eBay here lately. Decent used daily driver tires and wheels. Because of eBay and Craigslist, I have a whole stash of tires now lol...some NOS, some nice used examples. Nothing looks as good or rides as well as a decent set of Ohtsu 25x12x9 501s. I'm still looking for more NOS 501s...as is everyone else...

--
    I have some new oem tires, but not for this. I did put a new ohtsu on it today though! much better. Took the pipe off, I have one already repaired I will put on. Put a straight lever on also, the reverse side was tweaked pretty good. I plan to ride and work this one good. My 2 85's are much much nicer, and although I do use them, I can use this one harder and feel more at ease about it!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //