//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 Honda ATC 250r engine rebuild

--

85 Honda ATC 250r engine rebuild

I just bought an 85 250r from a guy off of craigslist . it had a hole in the piston, so i bought a new piston and had the cylinder honed put it all back together broke it in. rode it around the yard , brought it back and it was leaking coolant . so i changed the head gasket and it worked. to make a long story short i rode it for a total of maybe an hour and i think that it is done for. so i have decided to do a complete rebuild of the motor.

the problem that i have,is my cylinder is at 69mm and so i have to get a new cylinder to put on it or find a used cylinder that i could buy. so what is a good brand of cylinder kit to buy?
    i am not looking to go over a 310 kit, i don't ride it very much,it is just to mess around the farm on so i don't need anything that is to expensive.but thanks for looking and any information will help!

--
    Take and punch it to the next size with a new piston sized for the bore. Rebuild your water pump, replace the clutch plates, new seals, and gaskets. I would suggest getting the TRX clutch upgrade kit as well. Do all that and your motor will be good to go for a while. If you don't ride it much then why spend all the coin for them fancy upgrades when stock will get you around just fine.

--
    OH, ya I saw where you said your cylinder is at 69 already. No worries, there are always cylinders on Ebay and I'm sure someone here has a cylinder that still has a few bores left on it.

--
    On the piston, Its my suggestion to go with a cast piston Like ProX for a stock 250R motor as opposed to an forged piston like Weisco and remember, the pins in th erring grooves that the rings butt up against always always goes to the rear.
    Last edited by Flyingw; 09-19-2014 at 08:22 PM.

--
    Old thread but i seen from nebraska. Where at in nebraska?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //