//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 200x cuts off when in vertical wheelie?

--

200x cuts off when in vertical wheelie?

Hi, ive got my custom 200x completely dialed in, it really goes good, the only problem im having at all is still the wheelie issue.
    i can wheelie it in 2nd and 3rd for a long time without issue but when i do a true (vertical) catwalk in 1st gear it cuts off after 20 ft or less?
    when it cuts off its extremely hard to start afterwards and bogs for a minute the is normal again, i cant tell if its flooding or running itself out of gas?
    it has a dg carb 28mm i think, its a new carb still available from dg.
    i did tinker with the float with no success? it does have a uni filter pod (clamp on) no airbox
    the stock setup i could catwalk it all day long
    please help, got to impress the ladies

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Sounds to me like you're running the bowl empty on the carb when in that position. Hence why it is hard to start and bogs for a bit when you do get it started, you're basically priming the fuel system.
    85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    any way to fix this? i didnt do it w the stock carb.

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I suppose you could mess with the float and attempt to set it so it fills the bowl more, only thing I can think of off the top of my face. Personally I would leave it and just not vertical wheelie it so much, but I'm married so I have no need to impress ladies anymore
    85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    lol! im starting to wonder if the uni filter has anything to do with it now, im going to tip the bike vertical w the filter off and see if she dumps gas and go from there, either way im not impressed w this dg carb....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiirider View Post
    lol! im starting to wonder if the uni filter has anything to do with it now, im going to tip the bike vertical w the filter off and see if she dumps gas and go from there, either way im not impressed w this dg carb....
    if it is a DG carb and you want to sell it, let me know.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    well if it wasn't giving you trouble with the stock carb why not put the stock one back on and see if it makes a difference.

--
    any way to fix this? i didnt do it w the stock carb.
    Boom. You just fixed it Dan.

On a side note, a little birdie told me you had a visit from the authorities concerning the street legal trike... care to elaborate?!

--
    the stocker didnt make the peak power of this dg... it is for sure a dg carb, and the darn dyno guy lost the splash guard in the carb when he dyno tuned the bike i found out, could this be the entire problem? he said he throws them away, doesnt use them
    Dohcbikes-
    yup i had the police at the house asking me where my trike was, i told them its in the garage i dont ride it on the street anymore since yall didnt like it.
    he said thats why we stopped by, that thing is awesome, we love it!
    i was super suprised! i guess this means im back on the streets on my 200xle conversion!! dohcbikes was a very positive influence on me not giving up on the road for sure

--
    Awesome news!!! Yes, the splash guard does make quite a difference. Also consider an xr200 replacement carb cheap on eBay I assume. Try a splash guard first!

--
    the stocker didnt make the peak power of this dg... it is for sure a dg carb, and the darn dyno guy lost the splash guard in the carb when he dyno tuned the bike i found out, could this be the entire problem? he said he throws them away, doesnt use them
    Dohcbikes-
    yup i had the police at the house asking me where my trike was, i told them its in the garage i dont ride it on the street anymore since yall didnt like it.
    he said thats why we stopped by, that thing is awesome, we love it!
    i was super suprised! i guess this means im back on the streets on my 200xle conversion!! dohcbikes was a very positive influence on me not giving up on the road for sure
    PM me if you ever want to sell.

--
    i guess i need to find a splashguard, i dont have the stock carb anymore i gave it to my bud to help him get his running.

Any one have a splash guard i can buy? im pretty sure the stock one will work just fine, id really appreciate it, i dont want to take it back from my bud, hes having a ruff time right now

--
    i guess i need to find a splashguard, i dont have the stock carb anymore i gave it to my bud to help him get his running.

Any one have a splash guard i can buy? im pretty sure the stock one will work just fine, id really appreciate it, i dont want to take it back from my bud, hes having a ruff time right now
    I have two stock carbs and one chinese carb for the 200x (The stockers will likely need to be rebuilt). If you want to make a deal for that DG, let me know.

--
    Check the carb vents and hoses and make sure they are clear. I had this happen once on a 250recon and it was mud in one of the vent hoses and it wouldn't let the carb vent correctly. It only did it when I rode a long wheelie
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    thanks yall, and if anyone has a splashguard please pm me

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //