//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CALFAB swingarms back in business

denn is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

CALFAB swingarms back in business

I haven't posted on here in a while. My priorities shifted so far to the left I havn't had time to even look at my bikes in 2 years. I am now deployed in Afghanistan and have been checking out the best 3 wheeler site in the world again during my free time. I caught the post about the craigslist score of the day(Tri-z with top tank and CAL-FAB swingarm) I have to say that bike should be put in a museum. I am a huge TRI-Z guy so Im happy but still hating I didn't find it Anyway what the hell am I going to do from here, Im glad it went to a good home. I had some free time and was looking into CAL-FAB for no good reason and came up with this. A company in California called MotoGP Werks is acyually based out of the old CAL-FAB swingarm building and is manufacturing them again for street bikes. If you look online under that name it is all over. This seems to have just kicked off in May or June. Maybe someone from Cali can confirm it. This site has had a huge influence on the ATV aftermarket industry, I have been a member pretty much since it started and I have to say I love what this place has done for the reputation of the 3 wheeler. If someone wants to take it on, maybe give them a call and see if they are willing to reproduce some of the old CAL-FABS for the big 3. This might mean someone sending one to them which would be like sending the Holy Grail back to Jesus Anyway times up gotta go. It was good to vent a bit and throw up a post. I attached 2 links below.

Dennis

MotoGPWerks.com

http://kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/5...are-being-made

--
    This is much better news than the reproduction of some funky tires.

ktmcrasher is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm giving you all a chance to sell all your old swing arms now before the flood.

SELL SELL SELL!

--
    pretty much.

once new swingers are available the price of a good used original will either plummet or sky rocket.

poohbee1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    thanks for your service stay safe .Very good news I may be in the market for a tecate very soon if he will build them .

--
    That is awesome news. I'll send them a stock Tri-z swinger if they want, but the Tri-z Cal-Fab isn't getting shipped halfway across the country.

--
    I read the link and here will be the problem. He's not going to want to make just 1 or 2 swingarms for each bike because it's probably not worth his time and at $599-up, that's all he'll probably sell to this crowd. If he's going to need a pre-order, than pretty much forget it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, guys don't want to spend the money to fix their machines brakes, they're sure as hell not going to commit to a $600+ swingarm for the average trail rider. Most guys don't pay much more than that for their entire bike.

There have been several guys/companies with the ability and means to reproduce these swingarms and never any interest due to the cost and pre-commitment.

That being said, I have advocated the reproduction of all of these hard to find parts to bring the cost down so the average Joe can afford to build the dream machine of his youth, and not have to take out a second mortgage to do so. It woud be cool if he made them again.
    Last edited by bkm; 09-28-2014 at 02:44 PM.

--
    I've actually be taking welding classes for the past year in the hopes of reproducing some old school parts. I'm working on my aluminum tig welding now. However, if we could get them to reproduce these parts I'm all for it. Since what they are currently reproducing is already niche market item, perhaps it wouldn't take too many pre-orders to get them making 3 wheeler parts. I'm sure it is a long shot but perhaps they still have the old designs and jigs. I have Calfabs for both my 1st and 2nd generation Tecates--currently installed. I would consider sending them the specs (or lending it) if they showed some real interest.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I've actually be taking welding classes for the past year in the hopes of reproducing some old school parts. I'm working on my aluminum tig welding now. However, if we could get them to reproduce these parts I'm all for it. Since what they are currently reproducing is already niche market item, perhaps it wouldn't take too many pre-orders to get them making 3 wheeler parts. I'm sure it is a long shot but perhaps they still have the old designs and jigs. I have Calfabs for both my 1st and 2nd generation Tecates--currently installed. I would consider sending them the specs (or lending it) if they showed some real interest.
    I don't get why people make such a big deal about cal fab swingarms. I ran them back int the day and they were junk! they always cracked and didn't hold up. The only reason team green ran them was because they were sponsored by them. Even Donny luce ran wescoast swingarms .

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mjquadracer View Post
    I don't get why people make such a big deal about cal fab swingarms. I ran them back int the day and they were junk! they always cracked and didn't hold up. The only reason team green ran them was because they were sponsored by them. Even Donny luce ran wescoast swingarms .

this sentiment can be said about many of the items from back in the day. For instance: DG heads. Still, the market wants what it wants, even if its misinformation.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mjquadracer View Post
    I've been riding mine for years, it hasn't cracked, it's a lot lighter than stock, it's cool as hell, and it is not junk.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    He's just jealous cause he doesn't have one.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oile View Post
    He's just jealous cause he doesn't have one.
    i had one... it was cracked when i found it.

--
    Has anyone contact this guy to see if he's going to offer trike arms?

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Better find out his lead time also. Anything longer than 6-8 weeks for custom one off work no one else provides is grounds to be lynched....especially by those with no real intentions to ever purchase one..
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //