//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 87 250sx ebay mystery

--

87 250sx ebay mystery

So this is the deal. A buddy has been on the lookout for a decent sx rider for awhile. he's got money set aside and has been waiting for the right deal to show up. I have also been on the lookout for him. Well, I was watching an ebay posting for an 87sx in Essex Junction Vermont. Its about two and a half hours away. Trike was $700. There was a description of "Mint 87 Honda 250sx comes with spare rear fairing, reverse, electric start." There was only one pic, but it looked decent. Well, right before the auction ended, I tossed a bid out and won it at $700. That was on 9/28/14. I paid with paypal on the 29th. After i won the auction, i sent the seller a message to arrange pickup. I sent another message on the 29th when i paid. No response. He sent me an email reply on the 30th. He was apologetic, and explained that his 3 month old had been in the hospital. He said he received my payment and my email and that he would call later in the afternoon. Great, i thought. Later on i sent him another email wishing his son well. No call back, but he sent me another email with his phone number. He also said he could go to White River Vermont on the first weekend in October so I could meet him there if i wanted. That all sounded good. So, for the rest of the first week, I called him everyday. I left messages. No response, no callback. On friday, he sent me an email "I'm gone till Sunday afternoon" That was all. I tried calling and emailing more, and nothing. Later on he sent me this,

"I apologise, I had limited time to get on the road, had the trike a little pulled apart and battery on a charge, couldnt get it back together and started before i had to leave. i'll be traveling to white river again nxt wknd or home in Essex any other time. Sorry for inconvenience Will-"

Ok, i thought. This is getting to be a hassle. From the 6th to the 10th, I called him every day and left messages. Nothing. No response. I started to get worried, so i filed a grievance through ebay. I started the process, in case this goes bad, so i would be a little protected. He responds immediately with this email.

"listen, i tried to at least get it to White River junction last weekend to make it easier even though it was pick up only but it didnt work out. i dont really get good cell reception once i get home so after i left my last voice mail about my girlfriend taking it with her to white river again this weekend, i didnt know you responded till i saw this email. she is driving over there tomorrow and staying all day saturday and sunday till around one or so. She will be kinda busy on saturday so sunday mornings best. Otherwise its here in Essex Vermont, however, i will be in north east kingdom this weekend till sunday evening. I can chain it to tree and tell you combo at end of my driveway if you want to come saturday or you can come anytime sunday evening through next friday. i dont mean to be aloof with this im just swamped with work and a 3 month old. let me know what you want to do"

After that email, there has been no contact. I've called, left messages, and emailed. The guys name is Will Callahan. Anyone know him?? I'm just frustrated. What is my next step??
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    get your money back via paypal. other option is to go find him and take the trike. prob best to get your money back, if he had the machine apart then hes already kinda screwed up by selling it on ebay without that in the descript as well as not getting with you properly about pickup

--
    yes, get your money back through paypal. The guy shouldn't be selling a bike if he cant find time to show it. No sympathy for that guy as he has already been paid and getting you the trike is not on his high priority list. What the hell is wrong with people.
    85 ATC 250r -Under Construction
    86 TRX250r
    05 KFX400
    02 400EX

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'd get my money back ASAP. The only thing I can attest to from spending so much time in Vermont lately, the cell service is very spotty. There are many, many times I don't have cell service when I'm up there. My girlfriend (who lives there) can at times miss texts completely and have sent texts never go through or they'll show up hours or days later. Usually I don't leave a voice mail when I call people because they'll see on their caller ID that I called. You can't do that with people in Vermont because if they don't have service and you don't leave a message, they'll never even know you called. I can't speak for anyone and I'd either line something solid up or get my dough back pronto. Dude sounds spotty.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I have a not mint 87 250sx in North Carolina I'd sell ya. $900. Pick up only. I won't deliver even 5 miles.
    10 Buy it
    20 Beat it
    30 Break it <----- Sometimes this is the end of the routine
    40 Fix it
    50 Sell it
    60 Goto 10

Current
    1985 @TC 350x, 1986 @TC 600x <---need to make a 250r into a 500r next.

Past
    81 KLT 200 ,82 ATC 185S Restored, 84 Tri Moto 125,
    84 200es Big Red, 85 250es Big Red
    85 1/2 TRI-Z 250 Fully Restored 2nd place in competition @ Metrolina bike show March 2011
    85 350x, 86 350x
    86 250r Restored ,87 250es Big Red, 87 200x Restored

whipit is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    The guy is totally screwing you. excuses are just that- excuses. I would do whatever needs to be done to get your money back, and do it now

cap is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Sounds flaky, that sucks. Get your money back.

--
    Never pay by GIFT or you can lose it all.

A regular payment and they will help you.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I got another message from him last night. more of the same. long stories about how he was at deer camp and is super busy and has a sick child. i think i'm pretty much done. he left two new numbers in the email, so i'll give them a shot today, but i feel like its probably useless. that really stinks.
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    You can win a PayPal dispute easily with your correspondence from him, gift or not. File a claim.

Next time, be in heavy contact with the seller,feel him out BEFORE you click the buy button.

Best of luck to you redsox, you seem like a great guy that doesn't deserve this crap. Now go get his azz.

--
    Yeah man, I agree with what has been posted above. If a person has the time to take pics, write out a description, and post up an ebay auction, then he/she better have time to finish off the transaction when the auction ends. This whole run around thing the seller is giving you is BS. Get your money back, and tell the seller to get bent.

--
    Yup , money back. Shoulda posted up in the ride thread man, I just sold a damned nice SX like a week ago for 600
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

--
    87sx in Essex sounds fishy to me...Get your money back...That sucks
    Current Trikes
    2 1985 Honda 250sx
    1985 Big Red
    2 1983 YTM 200k's. 1 for parts.
    KLT 250 Prairie
    1982 Honda 185 - Waiting to be saved
    1985 125m Parts Machine

Still on the hunt for a 1986 350x and 250r.

--
    What concerns me the most is that he has a sick three month old but was in deer camp. I think that if my child was in the hospital, I'd be there instead of deer hunting. That right there should tell you what kind of person he is!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    You can win a PayPal dispute easily with your correspondence from him, gift or not. File a claim.

Next time, be in heavy contact with the seller,feel him out BEFORE you click the buy button.

Best of luck to you redsox, you seem like a great guy that doesn't deserve this crap. Now go get his azz.
    You could be right, however, a guy as little as 4 months ago paid by gift and Paypal said "we cannot dispute gifts; So, I lost the part I sent him PRIOR to payment cuz I'm Mr. NICE GUY!!!!!!!! He had nothing in his PP account, maybe that's why.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //