//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dirt Wheels has a project 350X??

--

Dirt Wheels has a project 350X??

They posted this on their Facebook:

And this caption:

STEERING WITH THE THROTTLE
    Here's a member of the Dirt Wheels crew pitching it sideways on our project ATC350X. Oh what fun it is to ride. You can find out what all was involved in the restoration of this classic machine at www.dirtwheelsmag.com [insert name of rider here]

Looks an awful lot like that on ATV on Demand built. Interesting. Thoughts?

--
    I think that just some other pics they didn't print from the article. They have yet to give me the final numbers if that out sold last year for the same month as that was in.
    Last edited by Mickey Dunlap; 10-13-2014 at 04:35 PM.

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    That is the same photo they used in the Dirt Wheels September 2014 magazine issue.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo10131609.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	202858
    Last edited by TrickShot; 10-13-2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: add photo

--
    here is a full write up in the september issue
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    I think it's great that they are getting positive exposure. It shows there is still interest in these old things to the masses.

--
    Thanks for clearing that up. Still interesting that they called it "theirs" and that "their guy" was testing it.

--
    The world famous Chicken Hawk !!!
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric250R View Post
    The world famous Chicken Hawk !!!
    awesome!!!!!!!!!! I do like how they said that they wouldn't jump it as high as I did!!! All I know is that there is a much COOLER picture coming up for the issue with my R!!!!!

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

And most of all, thanks to ATVonDemand!

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by rray62 View Post
    awesome!!!!!!!!!! I do like how they said that they wouldn't jump it as high as I did!!! All I know is that there is a much COOLER picture coming up for the issue with my R!!!!!
    Are you the guy that is riding this??
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--

We will see how you do when we get you on the 200x, then you will see why I got mad at Honda for putting that 200cc 2 stroke rocket motor in the 200x frame!

rray62 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    Are you the guy that is riding this??
    Yes that's me, it's truly a dream come true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    We will see how you do when we get you on the 200x, then you will see why I got mad at Honda for putting that 200cc 2 stroke rocket motor in the 200x frame!
    Mickey, sir, I am really anxious to get to the 200x. Joe called yesterday and we were ordering the parts it needs for the stock test. I can't wait for when we finish the project build. I think we are going to do my SX test first, but we have to get on the ball. I actually feel more comfortable on Joe's 350x than my R. Since I've been mainly riding a crf450 I've grown accustom to the 4 stroke. I have a hard time adjusting when I get back on that beastly R.

"chickenhawk"

Thanks to: Cosmic Quads, Moto Tassinari, CT Racing, Keihin Carbs, Sudco, Renthal, Hinson Racing, Race Tech Suspension, Lonestar Racing, Kenda, ASV levers, Maier, Daystar, OMF wheels, Hel brake lines, Gaerne, Fly Racing gear, Rath racing, Dirt Wheels Magazine.

Also like to thank my sponsor for the Trikefest 2013 Devil's Backbone hill climb in reverse Eric Jensen, without him this would have never been possible.....literally!!!!

--
    Yes that's me, it's truly a dream come true!!!

Mickey, sir, I am really anxious to get to the 200x. Joe called yesterday and we were ordering the parts it needs for the stock test. I can't wait for when we finish the project build. I think we are going to do my SX test first, but we have to get on the ball. I actually feel more comfortable on Joe's 350x than my R. Since I've been mainly riding a crf450 I've grown accustom to the 4 stroke. I have a hard time adjusting when I get back on that beastly R.
    I didn't know you were doing a SX250. I would build a mild 317cc kit with a cam and valve spring and maybe port & flow job on that too!

We did talk about that fact that you like the 350x better, but wouldn't you like the R better if you put a CRF450 in that frame?

--
    Yes sir, I would love the R with the 450 motor in it (don't tell Joe). The chassis and suspension are incredible, just gets me on the power delivery. That 4 stroke has made it almost too easy to ride. The 2 stroke never bothered me while I owned my CR500, but since the acquisition of the CRF and my TRX450r they have made me lazy. The last go around with my R with the CR ignition and Al's pure race mod, it's much better, but I still catch myself trying to ride it like the 450s.
    Yes sir, we are doing the SX, but it's just a stock classics test.

"chickenhawk"

--
    Yes sir, I would love the R with the 450 motor in it (don't tell Joe). The chassis and suspension are incredible, just gets me on the power delivery. That 4 stroke has made it almost too easy to ride. The 2 stroke never bothered me while I owned my CR500, but since the acquisition of the CRF and my TRX450r they have made me lazy. The last go around with my R with the CR ignition and Al's pure race mod, it's much better, but I still catch myself trying to ride it like the 450s.
    Too late we already talked about putting the 450 in the R, but he wants a new frame made for the 450 motor so it doesn't hack up the R frame.

That's OK about the SX 250 I wanted to do everything to a Big Red anyway because it's longer to handle the power better. That way I can put a big valve 4 valve head on it and get it up over 400cc.

Oh and quite calling me Sir! LOL

--

That's too bad. I'd really like to see a resto-mod on the sx as well. 350x front end anybody?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //