//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *** Help - My '84 200es is giving me grief ***

--
    I had a similar problem with my 200es for months, couldn't figure it out! It would start run good for a while then it would turn off! I would wait few mins then it would start! So I posted it up on here! Everyone said it was the carb, so I brought a new carb and it still did the same thing! Then someone mentioned the gas cap might be block! It wasn't as a brought a new one! Then I thought it was electrical, I looked in the fuse and found out that the connectors were loose and the trike kept turning off when I went over bumps! So after 4 months I figured it out and had no problems since! Maybe try that

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    I had a similar problem with my 200es for months, couldn't figure it out! It would start run good for a while then it would turn off! I would wait few mins then it would start! So I posted it up on here! Everyone said it was the carb, so I brought a new carb and it still did the same thing! Then someone mentioned the gas cap might be block! It wasn't as a brought a new one! Then I thought it was electrical, I looked in the fuse and found out that the connectors were loose and the trike kept turning off when I went over bumps! So after 4 months I figured it out and had no problems since! Maybe try that

Thank - you, mate. I will remember that. Something so simple can cause so much grief. With my luck - it could be something small like that. I went the other route. Swapping out parts - never thought to check the simple stuff.
    Last edited by bkvette3; 10-20-2014 at 09:46 PM.

--
    Well, just in from the garage installing new OEM parts (CDI unit, ignition coil with wire and noise suppressor cap, pulse generator assembly). Disassembled the carb, clean it and installed a carb kit. Not able to take it for a rip tonight - hopefully on the weekend to see if any difference. Maybe now it will keep up to the R.

Last edited by bkvette3; 10-23-2014 at 09:37 PM.

--
    I brought a new petcock, new ignition coil, new carb and new gas cap and it still kept turning off. As i said before it was just the smallest problem. The fuse conectors were loose. So i bent them and the fuse was nice and tight. Now it starts straight away and have had no problems. Hopefully it is something small. Best of luck.

malibulvr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a similar problem with my TRX125, probably the CDI. I just pushed it back into the barn and forgot about it, lol.

--
    Also picked up a spark advance assembly (30220-VM3-000) and installed it tonight. Noticed the old one had some missing e clips and the 2 small springs looked "overstretched". Can't purchase clips and springs separately - only as a complete assembly. Another 100.00 dollars. Fired up on the first push of the starter button. Adjusted the carb. Sounds and runs great. Ran it up and down the street for about a 1/2 hour. Smooth acceleration and response from the throttle. Idles nice. More responsive throttle than before. So far - so good. Bigger test will be this weekend. Planning on a long ride (2 - 3 hours) out in the country with my son. Sure hope I don't have to push it home again.

Hope you guys are able to put some ride time on your trikes this weekend. If you are going to be out there this weekend - enjoy and be safe.

BK3

--
    Yesterday, I took the 200es for a 4 hour ride. Performed flawlessly with no starting or stalling issues. Not sure what the stalling/starting problem that I was having was but having cleaned, replaced and adjusted just about everything - looks like the problem is gone. Knock on wood. Out on the trail again today. BK3

--
    Great news

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan-083 View Post
    Great news
    Thanks - rode it a few more times without any problems.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //