//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Seized Master Cylinder

--

Seized Master Cylinder

So the rear master cylinder on my 85 250r is seized... does anyone know of any tricks to get it moving again? Or does it have to be drilled out and an aftermarket piston kit bought?
    Mixing gas and haulin' ass

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

--
    Got a compressor? Remove the caliper and snug a bolt in the brake line fitting hole then shoot air into the bleeder hole. Get some rags and cover the caliper so it won't shoot off into space. I usually take a couple dish rags, wrap them around my hand and hold the piston as it is coming out. Make sure to point it away from your face, children and pets
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    You could try to soak it in cider. Ahhh ha. I'm just bein' serious.

What do you mean drilling?... Do you have access to a sonic cleaner?

--
    I'll have to give that a try yaegerb don't know how successful it'll be, when I pulled back the boot there was rusty water and she's pretty black/brown in there and dohc by drilling I mean drilling the piston out with a drill bit lol and has that cider trick worked pretty well for you? Might be worth soaking then blasting with air

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-Ported/Polished, PWK 39mm, V-force 3's, Outerwears air box lid, FMF fatty with DG silencer, DWT wheels, LSR +4 axle, all black plastics
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I have heard of people having success removing a stuck piston by installing a grease fitting in the caliper, blocking off the other hole, and pumping grease into the caliper until it displaces the piston. Never tried it myself, but in theory it seems like it would work. But you would have a bit of mess to clean up. I have used the method yaegerb mentioned, and it worked quite well.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    I have heard of people having success removing a stuck piston by installing a grease fitting in the caliper, blocking off the other hole, and pumping grease into the caliper until it displaces the piston. Never tried it myself, but in theory it seems like it would work. But you would have a bit of mess to clean up. I have used the method yaegerb mentioned, and it worked quite well.
    This here works every time!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    ^^^
    I guess I provided useless info. You stated that you had a seized master cylinder, not a seized caliper. I wish I knew how to read. DOH!

--
    haha no worries appreciate all the help!

1984 ATC 70 x2
    1985 ATC 250R-stock

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //