//ArrowChat Code

Thread: picked up another big red 250!

--

picked up another big red 250!

got my brother to pick up this 85 big red last night because i was working, got it for 1100 and it runs mint. just noticed the tank was patched but looks ok. engine runs mint. my brother said it makes a clunking sound in reverse on a hill. didnt do it in the back yard this morning when i started it up and rode it. what u guys think it is? u joint?

with its twin

--
    My guess my be gear in differential but if it is ujoint i have a good shaft cheap if you need one
    you know whats right therefore you know what is expected

--
    damn i really hope its not the diff! i had a good one a while back and sold it. theres only a slight bit of play in forward but if in a forward gear and coasting backwards it makes a binding/clunking sound. does it in reverse sometimes but not always

took them for a ride in merritt bc. both rode great but the newer one got a flat front tire at the end of the day. the rubber was cracked so im guessing thats where it leaked.

OKSTATE#1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I like the trail riding you are doing. I have thought about doing that, and maybe making a small utility trailer to pull and carry my gear in using big red wheels and tires. Maybe also haul a spare or two (you can remove the Schrader valve and smash those tires down into squares). Use some old beater big red fenders as part of the trailer design.

--
    just picked up this beast for $150 !!!

sorry its a link to facethingy ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1153123&type=1

if no worky, wotev ... 1983 200 big red ...

--
    well it was indeed a blown rear axle. pinion bearing blew. found another punkin for 100 bucks and shes back in action

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //