//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: craigslist 86 250sx "shoot me an offer " he told me...what should i offer?

--
    Okay well after looking at a 86 250sx today I saw on craigslist for 1000 bucks that turned out to be a total POS that the guy would not come down to even 5 or 6 hundred !?!?! I said screw it and went for a country drive about 45 minutes away to see the 86 250sx I posted pics of in this thread.....when I got there I was shocked to see that the owner I was dealing with a 15 year old kid! So not to say I got over on him or anything, but I told him I would give him 80 bucks for the thing....he reluctantly agreed and I pulled out my wallet to see that I had only like 50 bucks on me....I thought I was gonna be SOL but I asked him if he would take a personal check and he again agreed! I got the thing home and was able to get it kick started with the choke on all the way, but it dies immediately after that. Probably too lean or too rich im not sure which. I will post some pictures up tomorrow because the motor is really really clean looking (nice and shiny black paint). It looks like I will need a few parts just to make it mechanically complete like a breather part and lid for airbox and air cleaner was gone too. I haven't opened the shaft drive parts yet, but I will take some pictures of it in the morning I was just so excited I had to post something about it, and now I can go to sleep... I will update tomorrow with some pics and hope to get some fellow 250sx guys to steer me in the right direction on the airbox and shaft drive parts. ~ on a side note @ chopsaw thank you for your offer to sell me your trike but money is tight at the moment, but I am gonna resurrect this old bike as a gift for my Dad who put me on my first atc about 18 years ago (not to showroom quality like your 85 but just as a reliable utility trike) and apologies @ oile I know you were interested too, but with such a clean motor/frame I have decided to use this bike as a starting point for my gift 250sx project....

--
    Go meet him with a crisp Benjamin. He'll take it. Your the buyer you call the shots!!!! If it rolls and the motor isn't seized it's worth it to me.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Go meet him with a crisp Benjamin. He'll take it. Your the buyer you call the shots!!!! If it rolls and the motor isn't seized it's worth it to me.

well took some pics after I hooked up the tank and minor adjusted carb 2 turns out, still don't got airbox lid and missing the breather " t" connection part and got no air filter, but ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! kid says that the propeller shaft was rounded but I put some wheels of a 350x or something on it and it started no problem , but it still likes to die after a min of idle or so if you don't throttle it a bit, no worrys it was good enough to do a few wheelies down my alley back behind the house !! Open to all feedback and suggestions thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 015.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	203608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 025.jpg 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	203615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 024.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	203614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 023.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	832.2 KB 
ID:	203613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 022.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	802.7 KB 
ID:	203612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 021.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	203611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 018.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	203610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 017.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	203609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 007.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	203606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 004.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	203605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 010.jpg 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	203607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86250sxproject 026.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	203616

--
    So you paid 100 for it?

--
    gave him an 80 dollar personal check wrote in sharpie!

--
    Nice, sound like a deal to me!! Wanna get an sx in my fleet. Keep us posted.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    80 bucks. NICE!!!

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I have parts .

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    I have parts .
    cool yeah let me know what u got I need to think about getting some carb parts so I am not having trouble with my bike dying and the mixture being all screwy, I have an empy air box that has the main hose hooked up (currently with a freshly oiled outerwear as a precaution) and I believe I am gonna need a real sx dash because the one I got is probably for a big red or something. The Honda cover for my throttle is missing, left lever is bent down 90 degrees as well. Also the footbrake cable is there but bent and the little cylindrical stopper on the end is broken off so it doesn't work.i need front fender and rear fender, but I am looking for some 350x forks for it so I am not worried about the broken front fender. I want to use a rear rack so whatever plastics I choose will have to accommodate that, and I am kinda liking the little built in trunk I don't think I wanna give it up now lol! reminds me of the 200s and big red 250 I was born on~

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //