//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x dies when throttle applied

--

350x dies when throttle applied

Howdy 3 wheeler world , looking for a little help with my trike! I have been a proud owner of an 85 350x for years, bike has been a beast and never me down.

So, It has been about 6 months since the bike was kicked over last. Bike ran and rode great before parked.
    Recently decided to get her ready and tuned for the coming dune season and she is acting like a pig.

I kick her over and she starts within 3 kicks, she will idle, but when you apply the throttle, she bogs out. Will not accelerate or gain motor speed. If you hold throttle open she bogs and dies. If you give a little throttle and let go she bogs and returns to idle. There is a little smoke present, but not a lot, she is not "smoking"

The carb is clean,fuel lines and tank are clean
    New coil and plug

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

--
    Check your air filter and your choke assembly.

YamaBoss is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    When you say "the carb is clean" does that mean you just cleaned it? Or it was cleaned before you stored it. I would double check to make sure your gas hasn't gummed something up in there. Just a thought. I had a similar thing happen with mine I figured the carb was still clean but it wasn't. Nothing worse then old gas. It seems it is bad in a few weeks if you don't use your machine.

--
    Hows your compression?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/effortequalsresults
    83 atc 110
    77 atc 90
    80 atc 110
    85 200x
    85 200x
    87 250es
    79 atc 110
    1978 atc90
    1985 200s