//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The time for Dr. Dick.....IS NOW! First Ride!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Brad Pitt? More like a Chaning Tatum/ Ron Jeremy hybrid....and dont confuse the contributions.
    Ah, so your a dancer with curly hair and scruffy beard?

Seriously though, great catch and way to stay persistent!
    insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

My Feedback Thread.....http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-MRSOUND

86 honda big red
    85 250sx
    82 250r
    86 klt 185 black (project)
    86 klt 185 red
    85 klt 160 (Floyd)
    85 klt 110 X2 (projects)
    86 klt 110 X2
    84 klt 200
    84 atc 70
    DUCKSTER!

crackshot is offline Worthless, would be a vast improvement. Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=Dr.+Death

You lucky dog! Congrats!

Edit; reading back I think my guess is off, but I'm intrigued nonetheless. I'll be tuned in…
    That Dr death thread reminds me of a thread (I think it was .org) of team geek. He claimed he made an electronic fuel injected super hydroxilated fuel re pulverized carberator. He also said "2 stroke fuel should always be stirred, never shaken when mixing". Lol.
    1980 110
    1982 250R
    1985 200s
    1985 250R
    1985 350X
    Parting out...
    1983 250R
    1984 185s
    PM me for parts

--
    I cleaned it up a bit but i think im going to needs a steam cleaner to get all the gunk off the motor
    Attachment 203389
    Attachment 203390
    Attachment 203393
    Attachment 203394
    Attachment 203395
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1023141509.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	203396

Name:	1023141509a.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	203397

Name:	1023141515.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	203398

Name:	1023141515a.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	203399

Name:	1023141516.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	203400

Name:	1023141518.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	203401
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Awesome find! It definitely spent enough time in the barn. You just never know what someone has lying around. I think you're right though in it being a 200 kit. It looks as though someone took a 200 subframe and chopped the front of a 500 dirt bike subframe and welded it together. The actual 500 subframe would be different and more one solid piece. The kit parts are from an early 200 and the 500's would be some of the last Cagiva's made. So the subframe, swingarm and carrier would be different based on minor changes from the early to later Cagiva's. The triple clamps would have been made for the 500 forks also. However, a 200 swingarm and triples will bolt up. Talked to my dad this morning about it and he doesn't remember ever making just a 500 kit for someone. Just the two that we bought from Cagiva. He actually built the 500 because a guy in IL had a 200(which I have now) and using it in pulls and wanted a 500. But if you want to send me the 17 digit serial number, I'd be happy to check it out.

With that being said, get that thing running! The nice thing is it's MUCH easier to get motor parts for the '85 WMX 500 than the '84 WMX 250 (190cc). I somehow never got to ride the 500. I always "test rode" everything that was made. Even the one Husky and those few Kaw 60's. So help me complete my list.

--
    Thanks Andy for the info. The Vin is ZCGCBXHX4FVOOOO49 and the number 22 is stamped on the bottom of the lower triple. It doesnt look like this is going to be a tough one to get running, should just be a matter of getting together

Name:	1023141607.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	203402
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Well, it doesn't match the two VINs I have. The TD's employee that made the triple clamps would stamp the clamps to keep them as matching pairs. I don't know if the number correlates to the build number. I still keep in contact with him and will check on this. I do believe it is close though. Ironically, the 200 that the IL guy used in pulls is stamped with #23 and is an early 200 with the identical kit as yours.

--
    I have to say, I have known of this bike for a while and was probably as excited to see this get into 86t3's hands as he was/is. Even if it's not 1of2 it's still one of less than 40. It kind of gets put into perspective when you consider the production numbers of the big companies.

--
    I FINALLY GOT SOME DICK FROM THE DR!!!! WOW that sounded gay....im just gonna back out the room slowly with my remaining dignity...if i have any left after that...*lol with a goofy look*
    bro...killer score yet!! im so jealous!

thx, bro, mark
    Last edited by phantombiker; 10-24-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    I report posts...
    Apparently it tortures more than my wife...LMFAO
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-phantombiker...feedback

85 Tri Z...sold
    85 350x sold
    84 200x sold
    85 250r...sexy as he!!

--
    Looks like the chunk of firewood cleaned up pretty well. I'll give you $20 for it! Then I can say I own a piece of history! A Cagiva solid strut for the rear!
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atctim View Post
    Looks like the chunk of firewood cleaned up pretty well. I'll give you $20 for it! Then I can say I own a piece of history! A Cagiva solid strut for the rear!
    At what point did he say he was parting it out? I must have missed that post.

Awesome score NBFJoe!!!!

Should get you to the shoe tree in record time. At a minimum, you should bring it to TF and let Snake and Stickers ride it.

--
    Sounds good Timmy, it would become the most expensive piece of firewood in history. Peepers, you earned a ride on it when you let me ride your 350x. Snake and stickers can ride it too but im not going to encourage them to do wheelies again, lol

--
    NBF, lol i love the kiesters! Edit.... I'm sure he will lose the key before he ever makes it to the choo tree

--
    Some updates on the Cagiva, I've started working on it with hopes of having it running for trikefest. With the help of Craig, Fabio, Raffa, and just Ben, I was able to buy a parts wmx500 up in New Hampshire. I PayPal ed craig the money and he bought it, Fabio brought it down to Raffa for icefest where it stayed for a couple months before ben brought it home. I'm still looking for time to get it from ben but have been very busy with work. I was very fortunate to get the parts bike because the pipe on it has pinholes in the bottom of the expansion chamber where it had a roost blocker on it that collected moisture and held in dirt. The intake boot it dry rotted and the kicker is sloppy as well. I got started on a leak down test but the I take boot is holding me up. I got the shock back from the owner and had the local shop look at it. They gave it a charge and a clean bill of health, so I put it back on tonight. One thing I'm having trouble with is the real brake line. It have very odd fittings and I haven't been able to find anyone locally to make one. I'm hoping some of the other cagiva owners could help me out. I have a few leads to check out in the meantime. Expect updates the end of next week

--
    So life happened and I didnt have as much time to work on the cagiva as I had hoped. I brought it to trikefest, Unadilla, and Ashtabula and worked on it a little at each event. Finally, Saturday night at Ashtabula with the help of a little liquid persuasion and peer pressure I changed the crank case oil, installed the air filter, put some gas in and started kicking. After about 10 kicks it fired up. After we got done high fiving I reached down and turned the choke off, that's when the problem happened. The rpm started to climb steadily to an uncomfortable level, I hit the kill switch and nothing happened. Simultaneously, Jake "The Savior" Keister pulled the plug boot (getting a nice shock from the motoplat) and I gave it full throttle and it cut out. Because we did that at the same time I didn't know what killed it so I didn't know what direction to look. The next day I told Jason Hall the story and he said it was probably a clogged slow jet. Fast forward to tonight. I pulled the plug and found that the kill switch wasn't working. It had some corrosion that caused it to not ground. I got that fixed then looked at the carb. Sure enough, it had a plugged jet. I had cleaned the carb before but didn't see this jet under a cover for the main. For some reason this carb has three jets in it, idk how they work but now they're all clean. I put it all back together and now I have a running cagiva 500 trike. The idle is still a little high but I didn't have time to look into it, hopefully I'll get some video this week and maybe even take it for a little ride.

--
    Awesome Joe, I'm glad to have a little part in this puzzle. I have a question though. What ratio are you running? (Tears/oil) Can't wait to see it run.
    Trikefest surviver 2013 and 2014

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //