//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The time for Dr. Dick.....IS NOW! First Ride!

--
    That looks like a Mossbarger reed cage.

Nice score Joe!
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    Oh, lmao. I cant believe i didnt get that. No, its much worse than the silencer under the swinger, it went full blown awol
    Attachment 203351
    Ok Robert, time to get down to business. Does this subframe look similar, the same, or completely different than yours? I was told it had to be shortened a little to get it to work.
    Attachment 203353
    Attachment 203354
    Ported cylinder, piston looks pretty good.
    Attachment 203355
    Ported reed cage?
    Attachment 203356
    Good night those ports have been hogged out. Nice and smooth, excellent work! Did tricky dick do porting as well?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Not gonna lie camexican, i thought of going that direction before the Dr. Dick act. And Robert, i dont have any plans to sell but i always say that everything is for sale. The price is just so high that no one will pay it.

So here's the story of the Cagiva 500. I'm a terrible story teller so you'll have to bear with me. The guy i bought it from lives down the street from my parents so i've known him all my life. He's considerably older than me, i'd say hes in his early fifties maybe? Since i was young i always heard about this dirt bike converted 3 wheeler that he had, something European and big. In my late teens (i''m 30 now) i talked to him about it and figured out what it was. This was before i was on this site and really understood what it was, but i still wanted it. As the years went on i've always tried to get him to sell it to me but he always said he wanted to ride it once again before he sold it, which just never happened. I bugged him a lot one year and think i annoyed him so i quit asking him about it for a couple years. Fast forward to this spring. My wife and i were at the bar down the road eating seafood and drinking beers. He came in and we started talking about some work he was doing for me on my barn. I was pretty dickered at the time so i started pestering him about the Cagiva again. He said he was thinking about it and that someone had actually called him looking for it earlier in the spring. They had tracked it down from the person he bought it from. (Was this anyone here) This was the first time i really got nervous about it. Everyone in town knew about this bike but no one is into 3 wheelers as much as me so i didn't feel like i had much to worry about. So being drunk and paranoid i made him a pretty good offer for it right on the spot and told him i would get it going for next year and he could race it if he wanted. He said he was thinking a different number $500 more than my offer. I said i could do that, we finished our conversation and i went home thinking i had it sealed up. But, i talked with him a week or so later and it was like we never talked about the deal before. I just kinda left it because i didn't want to annoy him again. We talked some more throughout the summer about my barn but nothing ever happened with the wheeler. Then Monday he called right when i pulled into Ben's driveway to work on my kx60 project. He started talking about the barn so i figured that's why he was calling but then he said that he had decided to sell it. i was shocked, i honestly never thought he would sell it. We set up a time to get it the next evening and then i went in and bragged to Ben. I barely slept that night and Tuesday just dragged on. I never knew where it was till we met up to get it. It was in a half fallen down dairy barn that i literally drove by 200 times a summer. i couldn't believe it. It took us about an hour to move old doors, pieces of a piano, and miscellaneous building materials before we could roll it out. We had to tip it up on its side to roll it through a man door. It was like one of those stories you read about happening to someone that you think,"That never happens in real life." I still cant really believe it.

After we got it out I asked him how he got it. This is all kind of fuzzy so i may be missing a couple details, i'll be seeing him soon to get the rest of the parts so i'll try to make sure i got the story right. He was really into dirt bike racing in the 80's and liked big bores so he found this one in PA i believe. The guy selling it was starting a shop and was selling husky's, atk, oddball stuff. He bought this as a dirt bike and it came with the conversion kit. I'm assuming the kit was used because it has some stickers on it and he never really used it once he converted it. So he trail rode the bike and raced enduros. Then he got into a car accident in 94 and really couldn't do much so the kit on. They had to shorten the subframe a little to make it fit and put a master cylinder on for the rear brakes because the dirt bike had a drum on the rear. He got it going and rode it once, but the shock was blown so he took it out to have it rebuilt. That was 94-95 ish and he never touched it again, except to move it to the dairy barn.

That's the story of it. Now comes the hard part of figuring out what exactly it is. I PMed Andy and sent him a link to the thread, hopefully he can come in here and shed some light on it. I'm 99% sure its a 200 kit that they put on the 500. It definitely is using 200 forks because the 500 forks are still in the dirt bike triples and are bigger diameter. Does anyone know for sure that they made kits for the 500s? It has 250R gold wheels on the back and a durablue axle. That's about all i know about it but i'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it soon. Thanks for listening to my story, hope it was entertaining
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

C.J is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Fact: We now know that she is REAL.

FACT: There's a a second one somewhere....
    too many bikes to count. too little time on hand.

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Fact: You are actually a petty good story teller, 86T3.
    Fact: Unfortunately I don't own the second one.

tecaterob is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Man I love those bikes. Finding parts for my T3 and T4 are hard. I can't imagine finding parts for them.
    Congrats on your find!!!!!
    3 86 Tecate 3
    1 87 tecate 3 (with kx 540 motor)
    1 87 tecate 4 (with 330 motor, 250r geometry)
    1 83 atc 70
    1 Kfx 50
    1 kfx 400 ( with 470 parting out bike)
    1 78 KZ 1000 ( with 1340 turbo)
    1 Aprilia SXV 550 Supermoto
    1 01 ZRX 1200 prostreet (sold)

--
    Pretty decent story, good enough that I think we can get Brad Pitt to play you when the movie comes out

Seriously, I sure hope Tricky Dicks has some sort of connection to the conversion VS it just being somebodies cool idea. That would really add to the history. Either way it's an awesome find. Please promise you'll keep posting photos every time you spin a nut on it, Robert's photos aren't coming fast enough for me!
    It sucks to get old

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Talk about rare of the rare in that machine, and a pretty crazy story to go along with it. Awesome!

--
    FACT.. I cant wait to see joe race it at TF15!!
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tecaterob View Post
    Man I love those bikes. Finding parts for my T3 and T4 are hard. I can't imagine finding parts for them.
    Congrats on your find!!!!!
    I'm going for the "hope i dont break anything rare" technique. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

f76 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I always check our barn just in case I missed something...all I ever find is hay and cats.

Congrats on picking up a great piece of history!
    85 Kawasaki KLT 160
    85 Kawasaki KLT 110
    82 ATC 70
    2000 Scrambler 500

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Pretty decent story, good enough that I think we can get Brad Pitt to play you when the movie comes out

Seriously, I sure hope Tricky Dicks has some sort of connection to the conversion VS it just being somebodies cool idea. That would really add to the history. Either way it's an awesome find. Please promise you'll keep posting photos every time you spin a nut on it, Robert's photos aren't coming fast enough for me!
    Brad Pitt? More like a Chaning Tatum/ Ron Jeremy hybrid....and dont confuse the contributions.

Anyways. It is a tricky dick conversion, ive looked at a ton of photos and the tripples, swinger, seat, fenders, and axle match up. The real question is if this is one of 2 500's or 1 of 67 200 conversion on a 500. Either way im a happy man. Hope to meet you at TF 15

--
    Fact: I can predict the future http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1319006 Readings are available for a nominal fee.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by just ben View Post
    Fact: I can predict the future http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1319006 Readings are available for a nominal fee.
    Soothsayer Ben

--
    [QUOTE=yaegerb;1336825]I am going with a big bore cagiva.....[/QUOTE

Its a big bore alright!! Lol....freakin awesome Joe!! Talked to Raffa......
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //