//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Remaking Hondaline short course kit mounts "almost done" UPDATE

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Remaking Hondaline short course kit mounts "almost done" UPDATE

As a few of my friends know a few months ago I asked a friend of mine who works at an aerospace machine shop I asked him to see if he can remake me short course kit mounts. Well so far it has been going very well as the lower mounts a jig was made and this is what they look like so far almost Honda perfect. The radiator mounts were also laser cut and welded on I saw them raw but they look real good so far. The downside is I had to donate a few of my stock radiator mounts to compare with the genuine Hondaline short course mount and they are a few differences to stock vs. short course. Upper teardrop mounts laser cut, but stock mounts were cut extended and turned the proper way they needed to be turned and twisted to look and function like short course mounts. I am very happy as my friend works and build his parts very close to Honda part and is very immaculate with no cutting any corners with anything. I hope to have this done by mid next week so I can do fitment on my ATC 250R but this is a pic of lower mounts that have been finished.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5778.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	203369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5779.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	203371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5780.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	203372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5781.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	203373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5782.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	203374
    Last edited by Marty; 10-28-2014 at 04:35 AM.

--
    I also want to give a big thanks to a friend of mine Wyan for loaning me his mounts as templates "thanks Wyan"

--
    Will you be selling these? I have another tank and triple, but could use the radiator brackets and lower red frame tab. They look great.

oile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Your very welcome mike

--
    Bkm not sure what I am going to do yet. My buddy has enough material to make 10 complete mounts but problem is buyer would have to send his radiator mounts here in Az to be modified

--
    Would you need the short track mounts or a set of oem's to modify?

--
    No if you have the short course radiator brackets those do not have to be modified. But if you don't have the short course radiator brackets you would definitely have to send me an extra set of stock radiator brackets to be modified

--
    Okay, I didn't know if you needed the st brackets to use as a template. I've got a few sets of oem's I could send.

--
    Mike I just finished a set of these for your buddy Scott. Mine are no way near as refined. No laser jet, CNC stuff here. Just a torch, mini mill, Mig/Tig and powder coating set up. Only done a couple sets on request as they are time consuming to cut, mock up and reweld from stock brackets. Not that they can really be seen once installed, but yours look like FACTORY! Nice effort!! Mine are pure functional. NOS kits are for the show bikes, ride on these home made jobs.
    Do tell are you going to sell these as kits?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141015_140144.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	203736
    Last edited by Buster Brown; 10-29-2014 at 12:49 AM.

--

Name:	IMG_5784.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	203380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5785.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	203381Bkm if these go into production and are sold that is IF, buyer would have to send their OEM or stock brackets to be modified. I am trying to simplify radiator bracket issue as we speak. I am trying to get some OEM or stock radiator brackets to be modified now. I know I have some sitting around my garage but just trying to get 3 modified just in case we decide to sell so there is no time lost between seller and buyer.
    I also saw last night a set of modified OEM radiator brackets that were in Raw stage. Upper teardrop mount was perfect spacing of bracket and all shape was perfect. I got to my friends house and could not tell difference between Hondaline radiator brackets and OEM or stock radiator brackets they are that close, just look at the pictured lower frame mounts "spot on".
    Again bkm and Andy i really don't know if they will be for sale i really don't, reason is price or money there has been so much computer programming, making a jig, and dye, time refining computer programming, time on lathe, time on laser cutter you get the picture.I don't want to put them for sale and scare anyone on price I will talk to a few individuals to see what they think. But I also know there are a few people that have these tanks but can't mount them because they don't have brackets. This friend of mine is also my shock rebuilder so I am also asking him to rebuild my shocks but do this project for me, we will see. But this is also my shock he rebuild. 86 trx 250R new o rings, seal, oil, nitrogen i would put price but it is so cheap i am sure vendors would be upset. He set up rear shock for my +2 west coast swing arm and my fat butt for my trx 250R

--
    Perfection doesn't come cheap. I'm sure it will be worth the effort though. Great to see people going the distance to remake quality stuff! My hats off to ya!
    Please post pics of the full rad brackets upon completion.

--
    Andy you couldn't of quoted it any better! "perfection doesn't come cheap" and thanks everyone for positive comments!!!
    I will keep everyone posted on any project advances, hope it is done soon

--
    You bet!! This is why I'm not always anxious to remake parts.

I cannot run heat, electric, my time and labor and then sell them cheap.

I shoot for about 30-35$ an hour with tooling and equipment about a 30,000@ (Yes, 30K) investment which I mainly use for me.

Great work Marty!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

UPDATE Radiator mounts done with modifications

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	203885[ATTACH=CONFIG]203713[/ATTAWell here are radiator brackets fitted and finished and off to powdercoater and yes those welds will be ground down but he had to make those mounts longer on top!
    As you can see my friend built a fixture to to maintain consistency of all brackets
    Last edited by Marty; 11-02-2014 at 02:37 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //