//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Stupid laws

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Stupid laws

Here to rant. A local town just passed a law saying there can't be any chickens, ducks or any type of farm animals within their city limits. There are several people there with birds, not like a huge flock but 6 or less. Now my buddy's wife is on our township board and they are trying to pass an ordinance about people with critters. We are out in the sticks so to speak, there is a guy kitty corner to me with a few chickens, a guy about a 1/2 mile from me with horses, my 2 ducks and several other people with "farm" animals. This all started with the horses, the guy's neighbors that are elderly, complained to the township that the horses were bringing down their property value. The reason, the horses were noisy!!! They are not out barking all damn night like some peoples dogs.

I sent a nasty email today to the state today. I'm quite sure there are waaay more important things to be cracking down on than people with a few birds or whatever kind of animals. In my email I expressed my concern with my neighbor and the drug dealings over there all hours of the night, cars pulling in and honking, an exchange is made and the car leaves. I'm sure they aren't selling fresh eggs!!! I also stated that animals are a great way for kids to learn and get them off the couch to be outside.

Why is it that people can deal drugs, live off of state aid from MY taxes but I can't have a couple ducks. This will not end very pretty if I'm ordered to get rid of my ducks and rabbit, yes rabbits are considered farm animals.

This world we live in is getting to be a huge steaming pile of BS. The gubmint won't be happy till we are all crying in the corner obeying all of the rules and regulations. I'm going to stand up to my township and I'm going to talk to the other people in my area with animals to do the same. I don't know if petitions will help or not but it might be some where to start, then protests and riots. Lol. Sorry for the crap but I'm getting sick of being told what to do and what I can or cannot own. It may be dumb to some people, a bunch of commotion for a couple ducks but this is how our rights get taken away, little at a time until you have NONE.

Marty is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    briano not to get you upset but I will tell you a small story at my parents hse in Ca and in city but not that I am against chickens but they do not belong in city. Anyways as a few of you who know me my parents live in Imperial Ca or 25 miles from Glamis well when my friends and I go to glamis when it gets late we head to my parents to eat, sleep on beds, and of course a hot shower. Well guy across the street has chickens and I did not know at that time, so we go to bed at 11 and I am in my bed with window slightly open at around 3AM-3:45AM I hear a rooster clucking away for 15 minutes straight. So I wake up my mom has coffee ready and is making breakfast for my friends and myself, so then I ask my mom "we are in the city and have no farms or ranches close so why do I hear a rooster here and close?" She replies to me " Rigo her neighbor has a few chickens in his back yard and that is the rooster you hear", my mom tells me you are mexican you should not have any trouble sleeping you grew up in a house where there was noise at all times of day and night. She is right I should but I guess it was I was more surprised to hear a rooster that woke me up in the city than anything else! But now its nothing I sleep knowing that poor bird is ing away in the mornings but I do feel bad for his direct neighbors!
    But briano I understand what you are saying you were there first and you had your animals now a law is placed and your animals must be moved I would be upset as well, I hope you get it resolved' you were there first!!!!!!!"

--
    Barking dogs are treated to amnesty!! Equal rights for Howard!!! Fight em all the way briano!!

--
    I live in a formerly, pretty rural farming town that is slowly becoming a more densely populated suburbia because the older land owners are dying off and leaving the land to their kids who quickly sell it off to the first builder who comes along, who then throws as many houses as they can on the land. Anyhow, now we are getting people from the cities and more densely populated areas in the state who come here looking for "Peace and quiet" but what they don't realize, in the "country" there is no real peace and quiet, between the gunshots all the time, the chain saws, farming equipment and other machinery, and Farm animals, you can hardly get any quiet at all. yet, they still come here, then they complain about the smell of the horses or cattle, the sounds of the rooster and chickens, the tractor or chain saws, the gun shots... they don't like the old tractor sitting out in the field or the over grown weeds along the back fence line. Screw em is what I say!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by czac View Post
    I live in a formerly, pretty rural farming town that is slowly becoming a more densely populated suburbia because the older land owners are dying off and leaving the land to their kids who quickly sell it off to the first builder who comes along, who then throws as many houses as they can on the land. Anyhow, now we are getting people from the cities and more densely populated areas in the state who come here looking for "Peace and quiet" but what they don't realize, in the "country" there is no real peace and quiet, between the gunshots all the time, the chain saws, farming equipment and other machinery, and Farm animals, you can hardly get any quiet at all. yet, they still come here, then they complain about the smell of the horses or cattle, the sounds of the rooster and chickens, the tractor or chain saws, the gun shots... they don't like the old tractor sitting out in the field or the over grown weeds along the back fence line. Screw em is what I say!
    This is just like all those dipsh!ts that move into a housing development that runs along a major highway (like 95) and then complain about the traffic and road noise from the travelers. So, the state has to build noise barriers. I'll say it again, dipsh!ts! lol.

I have animals. LOTS of animals! Right now we are at 26 cats, all fixed except for the two 6 week old kittens. Down to 4 dogs (they are all dying from old age). We have 5 hens that roam the back yard, and we have 8 horses. Luckily for me, I do live in the "country", and there are many people around here that have farm animals.

What pi$$es me off, in this state, you are to install a fence to keep other animals OUT, or, OFF of your property. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! How about fencing your property to keep YOUR animals on YOUR property!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! After being here for all these years animal control has finally come out and left notices on everyone's house on our street, about the loose dogs being allowed to roam the "neighborhood". Meanwhile, MY dogs are kept in a fenced 4(ish) acres out of 10, and are never allowed outside of it. Oh yeah, the animal control officer got a call after that little notice he left, lol.

These damn city people are a major pain in the ass, in most cases. In typical American form, it doesn't matter who was here/there first. All that matters is the "new kids on the block" get their way. Dipsh!ts....

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    I live in an 1830's former farm tenant house. I had a pristine, albeit distant, view of Cayuga lake. Our newly elected town supervisor's first move was to further his own agenda by planting "double wide seedlings". Not to slam anyone for living in a double wide, and if I could afford one, I would tear down my house and replace it with one. My point is that there is a time and place for everything, and a poorly mapped out "retirement community" now obscures my lake view (which figures prominently into my tax assessment), and looks like a goiter on the face of the Mona Lisa. When I bought my house, there were about 5 houses on my road, which is about 2 miles long. The supervisor wants to put in 70 double wides right across the street from me. Gee, thanks! I have to pay $766 each year on top of my property taxes to help fund a municipal water project. I can't currently afford to hook up to the water due to the distance from the road, and associated labor costs to install my waterline. I am not using the the city water, yet I still have to pay the taxes. Kind of like getting a bill from a hooker while utilizing the "self service pump". The thing that really bunches my BVD's is that if the guy does put in 70 units, his taxes for water are still going to be the same as mine. He should have to pay the taxes on each unit, imho.
    Last edited by tripledog; 10-24-2014 at 01:42 AM.

--
    So if you have a pond on your land and a flock of ducks lands in it and hangs for a few days are you going to get fined? At the very least there has to be an amnesty for the critters that are already living there. Call PETA and tell them you are going to have to slaughter your pets in front of a news camera if they don’t step in and help. Better yet, get a black duck and call Al Sharpton.

Good luck!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Oh please, for the love of all that is good, don't call PETA. They go after the wrong animal owners all too often. Especially in the equestrian world.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    So if you have a pond on your land and a flock of ducks lands in it and hangs for a few days are you going to get fined? At the very least there has to be an amnesty for the critters that are already living there. Call PETA and tell them you are going to have to slaughter your pets in front of a news camera if they don’t step in and help. Better yet, get a black duck and call Al Sharpton.

Good luck!
    That's just fupp ducked!

--
    A swingarm landed at my house and didn't leave for almost 4 months
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    DOHC, Howard isn't going anywhere. El, my second duck is black and white, maybe Al Notsosharpton could help me out here. Lol. It's just stupid, all of the petty shat that there has to be laws made up for while there are serious crimes happening all over the place. I still haven't figured out my shithead neighbor, my wife has contacted the local drug enforcement team twice and he's still up to his shenanigans. I try to get along with him when we are both outside but we're NOT hanging out by any means. I'd rather see him in jail or whatever.

What we need in this country is less law and more action. I should start another thread about jury duty and how that is another losing situation for a juror, I'll save it for tomorrow at lunch.

--
    [QUOTE=briano;133 maybe Al Notsosharpton could help me out here. Lol. I'd rather see him in jail or whatever.

Or as Al would say, "incarstipated".
    Last edited by tripledog; 10-24-2014 at 12:31 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //