//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 25" bear claws on 200x

--

25" bear claws on 200x

I have an '85 250es with an '86 200x front end. (Not my application it was given to me this way so I ran with it) I'm wondering if 25x8x11 bear claws would clear my 200x fork width? I plan on ordering 26x9x12 bear claws for the rear and the 24" Carlisle just isn't going to cut it in the front. Any advice would be appreciated on whether or not it will work or if there is a better option please inform me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	203758
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    do you like power? that's a lot of meat for not a powerful motor. if you want wider tires maybe you should go back to the 250sx front end or put a 1st gen 250R front end on so you keep the disk up front.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    do you like power? that's a lot of meat for not a powerful motor
    Pretty sure people put big tires on their Big Reds all the time and it works fine. As soon as I get a BR I'll be running big tires for sure.

I think the 25x8 will fit just fine width wise, but might rub a lot on the fender under compression depending on the condition of your front end... I vote go for it.

--
    If I got the 250r front what size could I run and what axle mod would need to be applied.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    I have an '85 250es with an '86 200x front end. (Not my application it was given to me this way so I ran with it) I'm wondering if 25x8x11 bear claws would clear my 200x fork width? I plan on ordering 26x9x12 bear claws for the rear and the 24" Carlisle just isn't going to cut it in the front. Any advice would be appreciated on whether or not it will work or if there is a better option please inform me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	203758
    you could always put the 85 250ES front end back on it and that tire should work just fine.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    If I went that route then I would be going in reverse of my vision on the entire project. Also considering that my BR parts bike is seized everywhere other than the motor itself. I have a lot of time and money invested in this build. Now that isn't going to stop me from building a bayou big red in the future. But as for this one it's a trail beast or at least it will be when I'm done.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That's what I was thinking, I will keep y'all posted. Thanks.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    One more quick question, if a tire is sized 25x8x12 would it fit on my 200x rim? The tire I have on there now is 24x8x11.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    One more quick question, if a tire is sized 25x8x12 would it fit on my 200x rim? The tire I have on there now is 24x8x11.
    No. Your wheel is an 11 inch diameter wheel. Tire sizes are listed in HeighthxWidthxDiameter format.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    The word "heighth" is in fact not a word.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Great catch. I often do that when followed by "width". I'll remember next time, thanks.

Oh wait, we are being technical aren't we!? Well in that case, the fact is that I never used that word. My apology for making up the word HeighthxWidthxDiameter in order to attempt to help somebody. Next time I'm not 100% positive that every word is perfectly typed and acceptable to Mr. Fahey I'll just keep the info to myself.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 10-29-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Hate to ruin the thread with my terrible mistake. I know the site strives for grammatical perfection.

--
    That's good to know, there isn't many choices for an 11" rim. I think I'm gonna put the kendas on the back and itp mud lites on the front but the size will stay the same 26 on back & 25 on front. I don't think the kenda would clear the fork and I wasn't going to risk losing the $. Heighth looked good to me, y'all speekin cajun na!!
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That's good to know, there isn't many choices for an 11" rim.
    UH OH.... I fear that the well-spoken sheriff may be back in town soon.

Heighth looked good to me, y'all speekin cajun na!!
    Dat's whut i'm tawkin' bout bruddah

Your original choice will work.

In my opinion.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 10-29-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Nowere, nowhere, now we're talkin tires.

--
    Well I ordered them should be in early next week. I also purchased the itp 12x7 2+5 offset 4x110 black rims for the rear claws. How do y'all feel about mounting the front tire backwards? Sometimes I like the idea and other times I wouldn't even attempt it.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    In most circumstances it is my preference to mount the front tire "backwards".
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //